Noob Question

Nydipset91

Reaction score
Alright well basically I am 50 / 50 about rooting. I am just coming from the Sprint Evo 4G and my Droid X seems a bit sluggish at times. So I read online that "rooting" may help with this. What are some more of the advantages to rooting ? I don't have a laptop so tethering wouldn't benefit me. Is it worth it ?

N

Nickchapstick

Ooo I was in the same dilema. . . Ok so I wasnt sure what rooting was so I decided to google it lol. After 5 hours and a sleepless night I decided to for a few reasons. . . One was that you can overclock your phone ( faster or slower processor speeds, higher or lower voltages). Second reason is there are many more apps to use that do various functions. Third was the ability to load custon roms and themes to my phone ( basically I wanted my phone to be very custom and one of a kind looking). Lastly and most important my girlfriend has the my touch 4G and I wanted to make my phone faster, prettier, and more awesome than hers. Root your phone and you will nlt regret it. Make sure you know everythimg there is to know about rooting first (How to unroot, sfb revert, nandroid backup via clockworkmod, theming, roms, overclocking etc.). Any questions message me :) hope I helped cuz now I have carpel tunnel from this msg lol.

Sent from Nicks Ultimate Droid X

N

Nickchapstick

Ooo also check into deodexing your phone before installing roms. You can do this after rooting also. From what I see it turns everything from .odex files to .apk files I think. Idk I just heard it makes your phone faster so I did it lol.

Sent from Nicks Ultimate Droid X

Jordan8

Reaction score
Alright well basically I am 50 / 50 about rooting. I am just coming from the Sprint Evo 4G and my Droid X seems a bit sluggish at times. So I read online that "rooting" may help with this. What are some more of the advantages to rooting ? I don't have a laptop so tethering wouldn't benefit me. Is it worth it ?

Rooting by its self doesn't speed up your phone, it just gets you the access you need to do so. I'd recommend reading into custom roms, Rubix is really fast & nice. You'll never regret the move.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App