noob question - want to try a theme

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by bcserl, Sep 3, 2010.

1. bcserl

bcserl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to try a theme but I want to fully understand what I am doing before I dive in. I understand how to add it but what if I want to go back to stock? It is my understanding you should go back to stock before trying another. Or if I don't like any of the themes and want to go back to stock. How do I do this?

2. billjohnson

billjohnson Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For starters, what ROM are you using? Assuming you're rooted some custom ROMS include the theme with the ROM and usually you don't need to wipe before applying. Also if you have ROM Manager, applying new ROMs and themes is simple as you can download directly to your phone. Let me know. dancedroid

3. bcserl

bcserl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just rooted Sapphire 1.1. It looks like there are only a couple of themes for it right now and I wanted to try them out but be able to go back to stock easily. I know I could use my nandroid backup worst case. Just hoping there is a quicker/easier way

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    Your back-up is the quick and easy way to undo a theme unless the theme maker has a back to stock theme option

5. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Gotta agree with tparker. Wether you download a zip file or restore from backup, the nandroid involves getting things back to where you were before you themed it, versus having set some things back up again using other methods or reflashing a stock theme.
    I would go the nandroid route myself.