Noob question: How do I scroll around in text?

cpsmith58

Reaction score
I've got a list making app and I noticed that 4 lines up, I have a typo in the middle of the line. On my old Blackberrry, I just rotated my little ball to get to that and clicked Backspace. Well, on this DroidX, all I've got is my finger and I always end up at the end of the line. Some line, any line. I get this red radar looking dealio but I'm still nowhere near the text I want to edit. WTF?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah that is tricky to get it to the right spot where you are trying to edit. But mine will get there eventually. Just have to keep poking

J.J.

Reaction score
I've got a list making app and I noticed that 4 lines up, I have a typo in the middle of the line. On my old Blackberrry, I just rotated my little ball to get to that and clicked Backspace. Well, on this DroidX, all I've got is my finger and I always end up at the end of the line. Some line, any line. I get this red radar looking dealio but I'm still nowhere near the text I want to edit. WTF?
When the "radio dealio" is showing tap it and drag down a little bit. A magnifying glass with a cursor will appear for easier cursor placement. Still doesn't work that great. One of the few complaints I do have about my X...