Noob here, need help with ZombieStomped

imnotmikal

Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone tell me if I can get ZombieStomped on the R2D2 Droid 2?
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/zo...mbiestomped-1-7-595-d2-gb-motoblur-build.html

I realize it says I need to have THIS Gingerbread link as well, but are both of these compatible with R2D2?

If not, can someone point me to a ROM that will work on the R2D2?

Thanks in advance.

edit-
And if ZS and the GB leak are compatible with the R2D2, can someone give me a basic step by step to do it? I realize I might be asking a little much, but I thought I might as well ask anyway.

edit again-
Did a little searching.
This post states I need to do the 2.3.20 SBF, then proceed as if I was on a regular Droid 2? Is that correct?

Last edited:

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the R2D2 is a D2 with different boot animations, so you should be able to. That sbf file looks correct...

I have a DX but the D2 should be the same procedure. Always remember to have atleast 70% battery when modding.

Download the TBH rooted .596 files and the 2 ZombieStomped files and put them on your SD card.

You can sbf back to Froyo, root, install the Droid2 bootstrap, and then click bootstrap recovery. It will say "Success!" Then click reboot recovery. It will reboot and put you into Clockwork recovery. Choose install zip using the volume buttons and the camera button to select it. Find the files on your SD card then install the .596 rooted files in order. After those are installed, find the ZombieStomped files and install the ROM file first, then the data file. Then reboot your phone and enjoy.

Good luck man

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
HE IS ON A D2, NOT A DX!! OK ok. No need to sbf, unless you want to. Dl the monster gb leak file from droid life (the 596 one is for the dx). Use d2 bootstraper to get into clockwork. Wipe data (do it twice to be safe). Now go to install zip from sd. Find the gb monster file and install. Then reboot system now. It may take 5 min so be patient with the 1st boot.

OK now you're on rooted gb. Make sure you uncheck the box that says restore from google acct so the market won't bog you down dl apps. Just reinstall d2 bootstraper. You should have already dl the zombiestomped rom and data zips earlier. Boot back into clockwork. Make a backup (backup/restore).
Now, wipe data and then install the rom zip. OK? Good?
Now, wipe data again after its installed and then install the zs data zip.
Now reboot system now! Give it 5 min to boot before freaking out! You should be good to go. If you don't have d2 bootstraper, pm me and i'll help you out.

From the Self-Aware Droid 2 APEX GB v2.0

Last edited:
OP
imnotmikal

imnotmikal

Reaction score
Are you sure I won't need to sbf to 2.3.20 first? The r2d2 runs a different version, I believe its 2.4.something and the gingerbread thread says I need to be on 2.3.20. Just to be safe, I'm going to sbf anyway.

Thanks for the input.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
HE IS ON A D2, NOT A DX!! OK ok. No need to sbf, unless you want to. Dl the monster gb leak file from droid life (the 596 one is for the dx). Use d2 bootstraper to get into clockwork. Wipe data (do it twice to be safe). Now go to install zip from sd. Find the gb monster file and install. Then reboot system now. It may take 5 min so be patient with the 1st boot.

OK now you're on rooted gb. Make sure you uncheck the box that says restore from google acct so the market won't bog you down dl apps. Just reinstall d2 bootstraper. You should have already dl the zombiestomped rom and data zips earlier. Boot back into clockwork. Make a backup (backup/restore).
Now, wipe data and then install the rom zip. OK? Good?
Now, wipe data again after its installed and then install the zs data zip.
Now reboot system now! Give it 5 min to boot before freaking out! You should be good to go. If you don't have d2 bootstraper, pm me and i'll help you out.

My bad, forgot the D2 had a different update file number. Ldopa will take care of ya

I haven't needed to reboot after installing a Gingerbread update before I installed a ROM. Just an idea...

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I always wondered that (if you could flash the leak, then a rom without rebooting) , but i was always told not to. Plus its good to make a backup of the leak, i guess. I didn't, haha

OP
imnotmikal

imnotmikal

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to you guys!
My girlfriend has been complaining about her R2D2 Droid 2 restarting constantly, running slow and whatnot, and installed ZombieStomped has made her very happy! No more random restarts, very responsive, very great in general!

Thanks for your help!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey ldopa, I am on .596 Apex right now aand I didn't make a backup of ZombieStomped or Moto .596. Can I just flash ZS over Apex (with a data wipe of course)?

I was just curious, I am probably gonna try Liberty .9 next...

Also, do you have the apk for the Gingerbread Blur music app?

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah wipe data, mount and flash zs. There's an issue with 0.9 so hold off on that for the moment. If you have the liberty customizer you have the music apk. If not let me know and I'll dropbox it for you. It just may be in the morning. There is also music mod on the market, which is very close to music (blur ver). Check it out

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah wipe data, mount and flash zs. There's an issue with 0.9 so hold off on that for the moment. If you have the liberty customizer you have the music apk. If not let me know and I'll dropbox it for you. It just may be in the morning. There is also music mod on the market, which is very close to music (blur ver). Check it out

Is Liberty Customizer in the toolbox? I have tried to find it but haven't had much luck. If you could make a dropbox, I'd appreciate it...

I tried Cloudskipper and it was OK, but kinda buggy and sound quality wasn't as good

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you've ever been on liberty gb, you should have the customizer on your sd. Its not part of the toolbox. Look in root explorer. Go to the sd card and you should see liberty customizer. If its not extracted, do that. All the blur and aosp apk's you'll want are there. If you really can't find this,or never used liberty customizer, let me know.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't run Liberty yet. I have the ROM file on my laptop, I just haven't flashed it yet...

sent from my ApeX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could extract the rom zip and put the customizer one your sd. Extract it and you'll have all the apk's you're looking for and they'll working on any ROM, but ill dropbox the music apk forum you

http://db.tt/76AaBPy

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9