Noob here, Drowned from 40 threads

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by ProudPilot, Jul 19, 2011.

1. ProudPilot

ProudPilot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, in my heyday I used to crack and mod a whole bunch of stuff. However, I'm what you consider old now and out of touch with coding. As such I forum surf as much as I can and learn from you the experts.

However, I am lost in programming my droid 2, and I'm on my 4th SBF just trying to do one simple thing:

Get Netflix to work on my Droid 2. I travel, A LOT. When I'm away from home it's nice to have videos and netflix works great at home. So I'd love to have it on my droid 2. I know, I should have waited 2 months for the global, but I got the droid 2.

So I've tried LGB... it locked up. SBF, tried again, worked, rebooted, it locked up. Netflix didn't work.

Tried 4 different Netflix apk's, they all play 1 second of audio then loop back to the home screen.

I just tried Liberty GB. People said it was great, stable. Had 2.3.2 SBF and went ahead and loaded up Liberty, great. Stuck at the bootscreen. Had to SBF again.

I'd love to just have the phone on the side and work through tons of programming, but at the end of the day I still need to make calls and I just want netflix to work. I have no idea what is going wrong or if I'm missing some basic step. Using:

Z4 root it
    Bootstrap recovery reboot
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Load from SD Card
    Installs, Reboot.

After that seems to lock up and I SBF again. So any ideas, workarounds, hints, links, leprechauns?

2. googlelover

googlelover Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Good news! Netflix has support for the droid 2 now, just go and download the app from the market and it should work, no rooting etc needed.

3. ProudPilot

ProudPilot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank You a ton! I know it wasn't in the market as of 4 days ago, and it was there today. Downloaded and works as advertised. Thanks!