None of my air gestures are working.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
They're pretty much hit or miss for me as well. For the eye tracking stuff you have to be in good light. And, probably a redundant hint: make sure all the appropriate settings are checked.

OP
N

newtodroidx

Reaction score
My air gestures work perfectly in the gallery. I just wish they would work when I try and answer a call. They also work well when I am on the Internet.

georgepetro

Reaction score
I jjust got my S4 over the weekend. I love my new phone, but air gestures don't work for me in the gallery at all and when I try to answer calls. It only works when I'm moving apps around between screens.

Please help

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
For me it's the palm motions that don't work like screen capture.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Tankwylde

Reaction score
Gestures work great on mine. Answering calls is a bit more tricky but it seems to work okay. The gallery does great. I just use finger. Music player does very well too. These are the apps that I found to work with the gestures inclluding Internet.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Please folks, let's get together and try to help the OP resolve the Air Gestures on their S4. I am confident that we have the talented members and staff here to get it up and running.

Thanks! :icon_ banana:

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Hey guys, for the life of me I can't get the Palm motion to work for both screen capture and music pause. Reset phone and double checked to make sure they are turned on. Sample tutorial doesn't work either. Any ideas or help?Much appreciated. Moderator closed my other thread. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Hey guys, for the life of me I can't get the Palm motion to work for both screen capture and music pause. Reset phone and double checked to make sure they are turned on. Sample tutorial doesn't work either. Any ideas or help?Much appreciated. Moderator closed my other thread. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I find pausing music to very hit and miss as well, however, screen capture does work incredibly well, it's just that the tutorial doesn't explain the most crucial element of the action - you have to touch the screen.

To take a screenshot, place just a bit of your palm (or, even better, side of your hand) on the edge of the screen, and quickly swipe either right or left. You don't need to keep your hand touching the screen for the entire swipe. It just has to make some initial contact, and then the sensor should pick up the rest. It might take a couple of tries, but once you get the hang of it, it works incredibly well.

I've found most of the air gestures work remarkably well on my device. The smart eye features, however, are more or less junk, particularly smart scroll. I've got all eye tracking disabled and doubt I'll play with it again unless Samsung makes some changes with an update.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I have a note 2 not a Galaxy 4, but I've noticed that the gestures only work reliably when the phone is on a flat surface. Also reread the rules, because
the music pause only works with the stock music player. The voice commands are also a bit quirky and a few only work from the lock screen. Good luck.

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Yeah but even the tutorial examples won't work. I understand this may be an artform, but after several tries still no luck.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Yeah but even the tutorial examples won't work. I understand this may be an artform, but after several tries still no luck.

None of them? Or particularly the music pause and screenshot? I can't give any specific recommendations for pausing the music player. I found that one to be shoddy at best.

Try doing what I suggested above in regards to the screenshot. The tutorial doesn't explain it clearly at all, but once you make the initial contact, both the tutorial test and "in the wild" should work pretty well.

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
None of them? Or particularly the music pause and screenshot? I can't give any specific recommendations for pausing the music player. I found that one to be shoddy at best.

Try doing what I suggested above in regards to the screenshot. The tutorial doesn't explain it clearly at all, but once you make the initial contact, both the tutorial test and "in the wild" should work pretty well.

Hey thanks for the quick reply. It's only the Palm motions that are not working at all. The others seem to be working. At least the tutorials are with the other ones. I did methodically and carefully barely touch the screen like suggested and still no screen capture or music pause. Frustrating. I hope it can be fixed with an update.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I should have said, the phone and music pauses don't work for me with my Palm, but turning the phone over works a treat.

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2