Non-stop Ringing

jlcorbin19803

Reaction score
Posted this over at Moto Owner's Forum as well.

Here's another one I've experienced (just once) but haven't seen much discussion about...
Saturday, I'm sitting around and my DX starts to ring. I go to pick it up but immediately notice that the screen has not turned on as usual to indicate the caller information. I hit the Home button and nothing happens. Meanwhile, the phone continues to ring. I try everything I can think of to get the screen to activate - no luck. Still constant ringing, so I begin to think that there isn't really a call coming in since it hasn't gone to voicemail. I eventually had to remove the battery to reboot the phone. No problems after that. I checked my call log and there was no record of an incoming call. Strange.

This might be some rarely occuring OS bug, but I have to wonder how long it will be before we see viruses and malware start to infiltrate the smartphone community.
Other than a few glitches like this, still very happy with my DX!

tabuist

Reaction score
Posted this over at Moto Owner's Forum as well.

Here's another one I've experienced (just once) but haven't seen much discussion about...
Saturday, I'm sitting around and my DX starts to ring. I go to pick it up but immediately notice that the screen has not turned on as usual to indicate the caller information. I hit the Home button and nothing happens. Meanwhile, the phone continues to ring. I try everything I can think of to get the screen to activate - no luck. Still constant ringing, so I begin to think that there isn't really a call coming in since it hasn't gone to voicemail. I eventually had to remove the battery to reboot the phone. No problems after that. I checked my call log and there was no record of an incoming call. Strange.

This might be some rarely occuring OS bug, but I have to wonder how long it will be before we see viruses and malware start to infiltrate the smartphone community.
Other than a few glitches like this, still very happy with my DX!

Happened 3 times to me now...very frustrating...and embarrasing on one occasion. Could be a great phone but too buggy for something costing 300 bucks.