Non-rooted Droid Incredible ADR6300 Wifi says error and doesn't turn on

tmort

Reaction score
Earlier today I let the battery go almost dead. It was stuck and I actually couldn't turn if off so I just removed the battery and replaced it with a charged one.

The firs thing I noticed on restarting is that some of the apps didn't show their full icons on the screen. It just showed the name of the app and the android symbol. I have seen this before, but, after a little while they show up completely. I wanted to use note everything which was behaving this way and tried rebooting several times with no success.

I let the battery go dead once before and I seemed to have done a factory reset as well. When I looked at the list of apps from the menu button I noticed that none of the apps that didn't show their full icons on the desktop appeared on this list of installed apps.

I then thought maybe I had lost them and went to connect to my wifi (I only use wifi, no phone service) thinking I'd just re-install the apps and found that the wifi was turned off. When I tried to turn it on through menu/settings/wireless and networks a few seconds after I selected connect I would get a message saying error. Again I have tried rebooting with no success.

In looking through the forums I have seen it mentioned that the battery cover door contains the wifi antenna and I have also seen it stated that it does not.

Does anyone have any ideas? In looking at other posts I have seen that others with this problem have done a factory reset and that that hasn't worked.

TIA

OP
T

tmort

Reaction score
More information

I turned my incredible off and then turned it on later. This time when I started it even more applications were not listed. I had moved most all of them to the SD card.

I tried unmounting and remounting with no success. I then took the card out and put it in a card reader and hooked it up to my PC. I'm not sure where the applications would be, but, at least some of the data files are still there. I also tried putting another SC card into the incredible. This one was not detected. If I selected mount SD it didn't find one.