non rooted customization

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by circsmonky, May 12, 2010.

1. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

ok, i want to customize my droid as much as possible, i dont want to root. with out rooting can i change the notification bar from white to black? also which home screen app allows for the most customization without spending alot of money, i just looked into GDE but not only do i pay for the app, most themes are paid. unfortunately i cant afford to pay for all of this. if i have to buy an app or a cool theme, but hopefully not both. basically everytime i see someone screen shot that looks cool i find its usually from rooting. i saw someones GDE here that was the nexus one sense ui, but i couldnt find that theme in the market.
  2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Not to tell you rooting is the way to go. For true "personal" customization it is the only way.
  3. ShowTime

ShowTime New Member

SweeterHome offers near limitless non-rooted UI customization. It has a fairly steep learning curve and isn't always 100% stable though. I originally was in the same boat as you... wanting a ton of customization options without rooting. I'm slowly moving through the home replacements and other customization apps and inching closer and closer to rooting... :icon_eek:
  4. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

Rooting seems more and more appealing but im still unsure about doing it
  5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

I too waited a while before I rooted

without route open home gde and are nice for d/ling themes since there are so many to choose from.

I love sweeter home 2, yes it takes time to edit and it does have a learning curve but if you go to youtube and search out sweeter home you will find many videos to make it easier to get started. You can also d/l alot of free themes and just put your apps in. Check it out the latest build is much more stable on the moto droid. I use sweeter home 2 on both my moto droid and my droid incredible. I find its more stable on the rooted overclocked droid. I cand wait to see how it will run when they finally route the incredible.
Search tags for this page

how to customize droid x2 non rooted