Non-root, forced 2.2, frg22 questions

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by whiterover97, Aug 13, 2010.

1. whiterover97

whiterover97 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I have a non-rooted Droid but I forced the update to 2.2. I'm assuming it was an official copy since I just booted recovery with the file from AstroFile Manager. Now that verizon is finally pumping out the update and the patch update will I need to do anything. I'm running FRG10B now and I know verizon is going to release FRG22. So my main question is do I need to undo the update or should the OTA update just install right over 2.2.

2. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It hasn't been confirmed that FRG22 will get pushed out as an OTA by Verizon. If they do, it will install over your version of FRG01B.

3. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So if we did the manual update, and the OTA rolls out (bug free) we will still get it?

4. whiterover97

whiterover97 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think we should be able to get it. If not that's when the big three will start pissing me off. I mean we pay a lot for therse phones and android promotes openess when it comes to the phone software. The 2.2 file I installed is obviously a legit version since my battery life sucks now. That was one of the main complaints. I guess we just have to wait ....and wait ...and wait. Since verizon and motorola and google can't just give us an update file.

5. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, my battery life died as well! But, I am not hopeful. All I am reading says the OTA push will recognize us as already updated, and pass us by. I tried to install the newer improved version to no avail.