Non-root, forced 2.2, frg22 questions

whiterover97

Reaction score
So I have a non-rooted Droid but I forced the update to 2.2. I'm assuming it was an official copy since I just booted recovery with the file from AstroFile Manager. Now that verizon is finally pumping out the update and the patch update will I need to do anything. I'm running FRG10B now and I know verizon is going to release FRG22. So my main question is do I need to undo the update or should the OTA update just install right over 2.2.

PARick

Reaction score
So if we did the manual update, and the OTA rolls out (bug free) we will still get it?

OP
W

whiterover97

Reaction score
I think we should be able to get it. If not that's when the big three will start pissing me off. I mean we pay a lot for therse phones and android promotes openess when it comes to the phone software. The 2.2 file I installed is obviously a legit version since my battery life sucks now. That was one of the main complaints. I guess we just have to wait ....and wait ...and wait. Since verizon and motorola and google can't just give us an update file.

PARick

Reaction score
I agree, my battery life died as well! But, I am not hopeful. All I am reading says the OTA push will recognize us as already updated, and pass us by. I tried to install the newer improved version to no avail.