Non-Leather Belt Pouch?

thc1967

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find a decent quality belt pouch that isn't made of leather for the RAZR? I've considered alternatives like case+holder combos but they seem to require removal of the case to dock the phone in the stock Motorola car and desk docks. I'm worried about scratching it if I carry it in my pocket too much.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Has anyone been able to find a decent quality belt pouch that isn't made of leather for the RAZR? I've considered alternatives like case+holder combos but they seem to require removal of the case to dock the phone in the stock Motorola car and desk docks. I'm worried about scratching it if I carry it in my pocket too much.

Good question but for me, I'd want leather.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Red Droid

Reaction score
I carry my Bionic in a RipOff belt pouch, velcro flap and steel spring clip keep my phone securely on my side. I'm still looking for a good case for the phone with the extended battery, it should still fit in my RipOff case.

G T Distributors Search Results

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I use the case/holster from Verizon. The holster has a nice sturdy belt clip that really latches on and the case has a built in kickstand. There is an insert in the car dock that you remove and the phone fits the dock with the case installed.

Link to holster... I don't know why it says "Set Your Location"
Set Your Location

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I use the case/holster from Verizon. The holster has a nice sturdy belt clip that really latches on and the case has a built in kickstand. There is an insert in the car dock that you remove and the phone fits the dock with the case installed.

Set Your Location

I have the Motorola Navigation Dock and I tried that case you mention. It wasn't even close to fitting with the insert still in the dock. Once the insert was removed, I felt it to be fitting sloppy in the dock. When I pushed down the USB plug it seemed not to reach all the way into the socket and I could move the phone up and down once the USB plug was down. I think it was because of the way the case is cutout for the entire top and bottom and only wraps around the sides. If they'd made it closed on the ends with cutouts for the plugs at the top I feel it would fit better.

YRMV ;)

OP
T

thc1967

Reaction score
Good question but for me, I'd want leather.

I'm vegan so no leather for me.

Set Your Location

Hrm... I'll give that a shot. I didn't notice any inserts on the car dock. Assume the desk dock has a similar insert?

Zandar

Reaction score

Zandar

Reaction score
I'm vegan so no leather for me.
I'm reasonably certain that all plastic (and most rubber) manufacture uses stearic acid as a stabalising agent, and pretty much all stearic acid is derived from animal fat. Also, I hear that many plastics are made with trace amounts of gelatin, and that it's common for plastics to be fed to mice to see what the possible harm could be for humans who are stupid enough to eat their phones. Some glues/adhesives are also animal derived, but I should think that Motorola uses completely synthetic adhesives (though, in that case, where do the materials come from to make the synthetics?). This isn't even mentioning the workers in China, but they're just people . . .

OP
T

thc1967

Reaction score
I'm reasonably certain that all plastic (and most rubber) manufacture uses stearic acid as a stabalising agent, and pretty much all stearic acid is derived from animal fat. Also, I hear that many plastics are made with trace amounts of gelatin, and that it's common for plastics to be fed to mice to see what the possible harm could be for humans who are stupid enough to eat their phones. Some glues/adhesives are also animal derived, but I should think that Motorola uses completely synthetic adhesives (though, in that case, where do the materials come from to make the synthetics?). This isn't even mentioning the workers in China, but they're just people . . .

Yes, yes. And there are scads of rodents and insects killed in the production of the vegetables and fruits I eat. I get it. It's hypocritical and will continue to be unless everyone's on the bandwagon. The best we can do is the best we can do so that's what I do.

Besides, that's pretty off-topic.

Back on-topic, the case suggested works pretty well with the desk dock minus insert. The car dock minus insert is a bit wobbly but the phone hasn't fallen out yet.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hrm... I'll give that a shot. I didn't notice any inserts on the car dock. Assume the desk dock has a similar insert?

Yes, the desk dock has an insert that's smoked glass in color, of course it's plastic though. It has a HUMP or square BUMP in the middle to support the phone without a case to the same depth as a phone with a case. Also as you'll see below, the dock is able to support he RAZR MAXX (as I had said in another thread but was told I was wrong). :blink:

View attachment 46738

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I have the Motorola Navigation Dock and I tried that case you mention. It wasn't even close to fitting with the insert still in the dock. Once the insert was removed, I felt it to be fitting sloppy in the dock. When I pushed down the USB plug it seemed not to reach all the way into the socket and I could move the phone up and down once the USB plug was down. I think it was because of the way the case is cutout for the entire top and bottom and only wraps around the sides. If they'd made it closed on the ends with cutouts for the plugs at the top I feel it would fit better.

YRMV ;)

I put a few discrete pieces of Velcro (just the fuzzy side) in the ends and tightened up the fit. I drive a van for work (read rough ride on bad South Jersey roads) and the Razr is nice and comfy in the dock.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hrm...I didn't notice any inserts on the car dock.

The insert in the car dock is difficult to see on first glance but it's there. You'll see small clips near the corners. You simply pry it up and out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I put a few discrete pieces of Velcro (just the fuzzy side) in the ends and tightened up the fit. I drive a van for work (read rough ride on bad South Jersey roads) and the Razr is nice and comfy in the dock.

Good suggestion. Perhaps I'll try that if I decide to get a case again.