Non Gmail sync issue

berniesgirl

Reaction score
This may have been covered in another thread, so apologies if this is a duplicate.

My boyfriend and I are new droid owners and we're both having the same issue with our non gmail email accounts (ie yahoo and hotmail specifically).

Every few days, the email resyncs itself and shows old messages as unread and undeleted, when we've obviously gone in and read the emails and deleted them.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
BG, my stock answer to email issues is always the same: switch to K-9 email client. It is much better than the stock one.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This may have been covered in another thread, so apologies if this is a duplicate.

My boyfriend and I are new droid owners and we're both having the same issue with our non gmail email accounts (ie yahoo and hotmail specifically).

Every few days, the email resyncs itself and shows old messages as unread and undeleted, when we've obviously gone in and read the emails and deleted them.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks!

You might try the following. Have your yahoo and/or hotmail accounts forward email to your gmail account. Then download K-9 from the Market and point it at the gmail account. See if the problem persists.

If you don't want to use the gmail account, try pointing K-9 directly at the yahoo or hotmail account. K-9 is essentially a replacement for the stock "email" app on the Droid while providing much better monitoring and control of the email that comes in and the ability to communicate with the email server (yahoo or hotmail.)

This may not solve your problem but you'll be able to adjust settings in K-9 to give you a much better idea of what is going on than you can with the email app.