Non-gmail new email icon change

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Skywaterbanjo, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Skywaterbanjo

Skywaterbanjo New Member

I guess I'm spoiled from the Blackberry days. I have 5 non-gmail email accounts and 1 gmail account. I have all of the shortcuts on one home screen. When I receive a new email notification, I have no way of knowing which account it came in on from looking at the home screen. And, I have no idea how many new emails I received. This seems like a major shortcoming. I spend entirely too much time going thru all of my email accounts to see what is new.

I'm sure I must be missing something.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. grizzlylabs

grizzlylabs New Member

Multiple accounts

Although it might not work with everyone... I use gmail to manage all my other accounts. Tell gmail about each of your accounts and then use a single interface to manage all your mail.

3. Lafond

Lafond New Member

I do the same thing. One account automatically forwards to Gmail and the others are managed by it. Keeps things simple.
  4. Skywaterbanjo

Skywaterbanjo New Member

I tried using Gmail as the conduit for all of my email but, all mail accounts go into the Inbox. I want to be able to view only certain accounts at certain times.

What I have found since yesterday is that the Mail icon, while not indicating the number of total emails, allows me to view the status of each of my accounts separately. I can then choose which emails to open.
Search tags for this page
android change account icon
android change email icon

android change email notification icon

change android new mail icon
change corporate mail icon android

change email icon android

droid razr m email account icon color
droid x2 change email icons
email android change notification icon
how to change the icon for a email account android
i only want to see new emails in my notification email icon