Non-gmail new email icon change

Skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
I guess I'm spoiled from the Blackberry days. I have 5 non-gmail email accounts and 1 gmail account. I have all of the shortcuts on one home screen. When I receive a new email notification, I have no way of knowing which account it came in on from looking at the home screen. And, I have no idea how many new emails I received. This seems like a major shortcoming. I spend entirely too much time going thru all of my email accounts to see what is new.

I'm sure I must be missing something.

Thanks for any suggestions.

grizzlylabs

Reaction score
Multiple accounts

Although it might not work with everyone... I use gmail to manage all my other accounts. Tell gmail about each of your accounts and then use a single interface to manage all your mail.

I guess I'm spoiled from the Blackberry days. I have 5 non-gmail email accounts and 1 gmail account. I have all of the shortcuts on one home screen. When I receive a new email notification, I have no way of knowing which account it came in on from looking at the home screen. And, I have no idea how many new emails I received. This seems like a major shortcoming. I spend entirely too much time going thru all of my email accounts to see what is new.

I'm sure I must be missing something.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lafond

Reaction score
I do the same thing. One account automatically forwards to Gmail and the others are managed by it. Keeps things simple.

OP
S

Skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
I tried using Gmail as the conduit for all of my email but, all mail accounts go into the Inbox. I want to be able to view only certain accounts at certain times.

What I have found since yesterday is that the Mail icon, while not indicating the number of total emails, allows me to view the status of each of my accounts separately. I can then choose which emails to open.