1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Non-gmail default email?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by peppattyme, Dec 14, 2009.

1. peppattyme

peppattyme New Member

Hi,

Is there a way to have my e-mail set up so that when I respond to my work e-mail the response is from my work e-mail?

Right now all responses, even to work e-mails, are sent from my gmail account.

Thanks!
  2. carbine

carbine New Member

I am having the same issue. I found out that it's actually sending from the correct mail server, it's just labeling ALL mail as if it is coming from your Gmail/Google account. Send yourself an email with your non-Gmail account and check the mail headers. You'll see that you sent from the server of your non-Gmail account, it just changes the reply to address.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Using Touchdown and not seeing this....
  4. carbine

carbine New Member

Having the same problem as I stated above, I just switched to K-9 mail. Free and it's basically an advanced version of the built-in client. I no longer have this issue AND I can use email signatures. :)

Hope this helps. Sorry to suggest using another app. I know I dislike it when people do that to me. In this case though, there's not really much of a downfall besides an icon change and a ton of new and useful features.
  5. peppattyme

peppattyme New Member

Okay, I figured it out.

I had to delete everything (after writing down my work settings!), and then create a new account. Emails are now sent from that account, not just received to it.

I was not looking for a new application, I think I have to use my work system...

If anyone else has this problem, pm me and I'll see if I can talk you through what I did.
  6. Jumper2pilot

Jumper2pilot New Member

I have Gmail and AOL... My AOL somehow has been set as the primary. I can't even see how to get to my gmail without getting a new email there first?
  7. peppattyme

peppattyme New Member

You can try deleting both the aol and the gmail. Then start a new account with gmail, that should make it the "sent from" account. Then if you add aol (if you want both going to the same inbox) those responses would be from the gmail account.

Let me know if this is what you were asking, and if it works for you!
Search tags for this page

android default answer mail adress

android email only send from default account
android phone sending from non-default email
default email account not showing in android
droid razr make gmail contact default email

how do i make aol my primary mail on a droid

how to change default email on android phone
how to make aol your default email on android
how to make gmail my default email on android
set default reply email on android

setting up default email on android