Non-Developer Questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by brian01tj, Mar 9, 2011.

1. brian01tj

brian01tj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in need of a simple app to be made and am not sure how to go about having it created. Its purpose to to randomly generate starting positions for my team. Its needs one screen for the following settings. The only two inputs are first "X" number of participants per lane (example 8) and next is the total amount of participants that have shown up to the meet. (example 23 people is input)

Then the app will then know that the following is needed (each of these correlates to a position number): A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7. Each group of letters CANNOT exceed "X" participants which was input earlier.

Now the next screen is simply a button that says "Get My Position" and when pressed it randomly gens a position for that person (example B4) then the next person comes up presses the button and is generated their own position which cannot duplicate any previous one given so that duplicate positions do not exist.

Any help would be very appreciated

Brian

EDITED: CHANGED INPUT REQUIREMENTS

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    Try to find something on the market that is somewhat similar and try to contact the developer for suggestion.

I have also seen many Craigslist ads that developers post asking for some hourly fee for development or even can quote you a flat fee for a project. If the app is as simple as you say it should't be to pricey...

3. Chizzele

Ratings:
    +17
    BTW.. welcome to DroidForums..

4. brian01tj

brian01tj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was trying to say away from Craigslist since Ive never had good experiences in the past. Searching I came across this forum and was hoping someone here could help out.

What do you think I could expect to pay for a flat rate for this type of app? We are a non-profit group that doesnt have a lot of funding

And thank you for the welcome!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  5. Chizzele

Ratings:
    +17
    I don't know to much about app development, i am more oriented in pc development not android.. but i would guess that if its something simple without many requirements it should be fairly inexpensive, you might be able to find a startup developer that is looking for apps that they could develop and have on their portfolio.. Try starting a thread in this section Android App Developers - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

might be better responses.. hope this helps.