NOMAD Just Released A Leather Wallet With A Phone Charger Built In!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you peruse Amazon long enough you will find thousands of inexpensive high quality battery banks. These are great for juicing up your phone or tablet on the go. The only problem is they can be bulky, and even more troubling is that you have one more thing to carry around. NOMAD has just released what has to be the most convenient battery pack ever.

They have built a 2400 mah battery back into a Leather wallet. You have probably seen the card sized battery packs that fit in your wallet, but most of those only hold about 1200mah of juice. Having 2400mah of battery power with you at all times means you can give most phones a near full charge. The fact that battery pack is built into your wallet means you won't have to lug around one extra thing.

The Nomad battery wallet is available for pre-order for $79.99. The real down side here is that they are launching with an iPhone compatible version only. It has a built in lightning cable. Hopefully we will get a USB type-c or micro usb version of the wallet soon. Until then there are those thousands of other portable battery options on Amazon!

via Nomad

Other options on Amazon

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Can't imagine sitting on this thing, thought the concept is nice. I'm not a fan of a front pocket wallet. I switched to an ultra slim one a few years ago & haven't looked back since.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm a minimalist. I have a nice leather wallet but haven't actually carried it in my pocket in years. Don't like sitting on wallets, let alone having them in my front pocket. It's so much easier to simply carry my ID,cc & cash in my front pocket. I have a couple of money clips, but only use them when I go out.
tVzwPic.gif

I do like the power bank wallet concept though, kinda cool.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
+1 It's cool but I'm not a wallet person either..

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use a Big Skinny wallet (fantastic wallets BTW) but I carry it in a cargo pocket. I figure if you're a good enough pick pocket to get my wallet out of a velcroed pocket two inches above my knee without my noticing you do it, you've earned my wallet and my disgusted admiration.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have this type. (NOT this one, which I think is hideous).
Never going back to any other kind.

clipwallet-shark-brown_grande.jpg

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I prefer money clip.

10530ae46514bc2643f3851c7fd34d19.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Kinda looks that way.
The two I have are just the clip part with no leather back. I would however like a leather one that I can use daily.
Good stocking stuffer idea for the SO.
gLH48vs.jpg

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I got this card carrier as part of a subscription box service. Wasn't crazy about the color at first, but the size is great after sitting in bi & tri folds for so long.

I like the idea of a money clip, but I'm married to carrying it in my back pocket, so I don't wanna sit on metal.

This one is nice because my bills end up nicely pressed with one fold instead of curling at the ends.
6ac318cbd17112bb6b974b7c585a4bf3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's actually darkened up quite a bit from jeans & etc. I've been keeping my eye out for a replacement, but I hate the idea of paying $60+ on something to put my money & cards in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's actually darkened up quite a bit from jeans & etc. I've been keeping my eye out for a replacement, but I hate the idea of paying $60+ on something to put my money & cards in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I'm not affiliated with Big Skinny but am quite happy with my wallet from them. They have some card cases like yours but made from some nylon microfiber fabric. All their nylon wallets are ridiculously thin. I have a bifold with the extra fold-up card section (L-shaped wallet) and it's like 3/16" thick when empty. Regular bifolds are even thinner.

Their products are great but their marketing videos could use some work. They've got a bit of a late-night informercial vibe to them. :eek:

El Clicko

If you give them your email address, they'll email you when they're running one of their several-per-year sales.