Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
here-maps-android.jpg

Nokia Here Maps has been available for select Android platforms for some time now. But today, Nokia officially launched it on Google Play. Here Maps is available to all Android users who run Android 4.1 or higher devices.

HERE is a similar app to Google Maps and provides detailed turn by turn directions. However, one of the big selling points of HERE is that it can be used offline as well as online as the app downloads maps in their entirety. You can choose the maps to download including entire cities and countries.

If you want to give the HERE a try, then head over to Google Play

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google Maps has a rating of 4.3 and "Here" has a rating of 4.7 o_O

Definitely downloading.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Here is great for offline navigation. While Google Maps allows you to cache portions of areas for offline use, Here lets you save entire states/countries/continents. In my opinion, it's the best non-Google Maps navigation app that's out there.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use the link provided to install Here. If you try to search for it on Google Play, it won't show up for some reason.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll say this, it's definitely not overwhelming in its capabilities. Just what I need. Put in address, tap navigate, it navigates. No confusing bells and whistles at all. I hope it stays that generic.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

wannabepirateking

Reaction score
Nokia here maps is great non google maps. Especially when you are having network issues. I used to use Nokia device and it had older version of here maps as default maps. Not that accurate sometimes but fast and I was able to download entire country, states etc on phone for offline use. Excellent on travels in mountains etc. But if you have space issue that they are bad. Like many android device have less on board space n no extension so bad to use then. This version will be more accurate n faster n easier. Definitely downloading.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Impossible to find while searching the play store w/my VZ Note 3. Tried Nokia Here, Nokia Maps, Nokia, Here Maps, Here beta, here....HERE....

I bet many won't find out about this for a long, long time if they're trying to find it like me w/out clicking on links!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It has to be glitched . I downloaded it as well.

It's not glitched just how the Google Play Store works. They only update the download counter every 24 hours, it's not in real time.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on this. I've made a couple of attempts to download offline maps (first entire U.S. then just PA) and seems to get stuck downloading so I am chalking it up to being beta. I'm saving to my external card.

**I looked down at the phone and it is in fact downloading just fine, at least on the state level.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've installed and downloaded three states immediate to me... PA, NJ, DE. I'm looking forward to giving it a go tomorrow.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea the PA map installed fairly quickly. Curious what you think of it tomorrow Fox.