Nokia's HERE Maps Comes to Android; Exclusive to Samsung Devices for Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nokia-here-samsung.jpg

Nokia's HERE maps app has come to Android. Initially it will only be available as a timed exclusive on Samsung Galaxy devices like the Galaxy S5. If you haven't heard of it, HERE is an alternative to Google Maps. Although some might think that's the equivalent of trading in a Ferrari for a Fred Flintstone foot-propelled car, that's not exactly true.

We must admit that it has some intriguing unique features. It also has a stellar reputation in European countries, especially the UK. It's main claim to fame is the ability to work seamlessly in off-line mode using the phone's GPS. Furthermore, it works in tandem with Glympse, which allows you to share your location with friends or family easily. It also has an impressive mapping system according to folks who have used it.

[Update: It looks like it isn't quite available yet, but will be as soon as the Gear S starts hitting store shelves.]

What do you guys think? Could Google Maps have a real competitor now?

Source: HERE

Last edited:

swc2001

Reaction score
I tried to find it on my S4 through the Play store and couldnt find it. Just Which Galaxy devices is this for....
Very Interested!
Does anyone have the APK?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Waze is even better then Google maps. No reason to use anything else except those two.

swc2001

Reaction score
Well all the same I wouldnt mind giving this one a try.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like it will be available as soon as the Gear S hits store shelves.

swc2001

Reaction score
Do we know when that is? Sorry didnt read the full article from the other website.
I read your article though.... Always!

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Definitely gonna try it out on my S4 when it comes out. This isn't a subscription-based service, is it?