Nokia: "Our first priority is beating Android"

B

bthomp21

with a phone looking like that, theyll be lucky to beat the jitterbug

Ben719

Reaction score
I firmly believe that Nokia makes a quality product. Every single Nokia phone I have owned has not let me down (6230, E62, E73, and an N90). While I wish they would go with Android, I would not hesitate to buy another Nokia product if it was comparably spec'd with an Android phone.

jbdow

Reaction score
I'm assuming the "intent" of the third choice in the poll was to say
" I couldn't care less" .. sigh... anyway, i'm guessing that was the right choice
for me...i'm gonna go with the best tech, and i don't care who makes it,

r, john

moosez3

Reaction score
I personally love this!!!! Hate drives competition, and competition is good for us consumers!!!!!!!!!!!dancedroid
x11ty billion

Making great phones that consumers would buy should be their priority... having that kind of mentality nokia has will certainly fail them over and over again...
I think when android first released, their mission wasn't to over throw ISO.. it was to offer consumers an alternative.. something different and fresh, which is why I think they became so successful

true but to beat android and to make phones for consumers goes hand in hand I think. It can happen very quickly because of the massive amounts of people using Windows 7. They need to find a way to integrate WinMo, Win 7, and maybe the zune stuff
Most importantly their phones must:
- make it easy to use
- give it flexibility and mod-abilty for the tech savvy
- apps, apps, apps.
they will give iOs and Android a run for their money.

I have always liked their hardware, but to beat android they NEED to come out with phones that have screen resolution at or higher than iP4 and dual cores, and gigs of ram.
The hardware stuff is important so that in their commercials they can one up everyone.

If they did this, I would definitely consider as I am and I will not be loyal to any company.

MrSinister1

Reaction score
what a joke, this is not a good way to run your co. IMO you should just set out to give your customers what they want. I'm gonna stick with the guy from google from earlier in the week who said "two turkeys don't make an eagle". W7os has yet to prove itself, Nokia is jumping way out on a limb here.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
:rofl2: :r_c: Nokia = :rating00: First off Nokia sounds like the Winklevi's in the movie "The Social Network"; spoiled brats that don't like it when things don't go their way. Next there's a reason they have a "Special Olympics"... (I'm don't mean to be insensitive, btw) I'm just saying Nokia can't compete with the big dawgs at the pace things are going. I think this article explains it well: Mike Elgan: Why Nokia is toast - Computerworld

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Making great phones that consumers would buy should be their priority... having that kind of mentality nokia has will certainly fail them over and over again...
I think when android first released, their mission wasn't to over throw ISO.. it was to offer consumers an alternative.. something different and fresh, which is why I think they became so successful

I agree. It just happened. And I think their mission still isnt to do that. Sometimes ppl can try too hard at things and mess up. When you just let it flow normally you wind up pleasantly surprised...

I wish Nokia the best...Even tho After Android I can see myself using WP7 before anything else, I voted I couldnt care less.

Cuz it doesnt matter to me what happens. Like the loyal Palm, WebOS users, if Android fell to the the absolute bottom in market share, as long as the OS and hardware keeps getting better, I'm ride or die Android.