Nokia Does Not Want Android... Do You Care?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Oct 3, 2010.

?

Do You Care?

1. No, Nokia Can Go Burn In Finland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, They Are The Biggest Phone Marker, So I want Something

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, If their Solution Is Something Great

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

The last time I found Nokia relevant was in 2001 when I had a little tiny cellphone with a pop out keyboard that was the "cool" phone.

Then I moved on in to a Windows Mobile smartphone in 2002, and haven't given them a single thought since.
  2. TwerpPoet

TwerpPoet New Member

And yet all your arguments, until you start talking about Apple, are benefits to the consumer and possibly developers, not the manufacturer. The thing to remember is that Android itself is not a money product. Sure, new and exciting right now, the name alone is selling a lot of phones. That won't last forever. Unless the manufactures find a way to come up with a way to make their phones unique and desirable they are going to be competing entirely on the basis of price vs hardware features.

At that point there market will start looking a lot like the netbook market. A constant drive to the cheapest possible piece of plastic with the longest list of features. Not necessarily a bad thing for the consumers; however manufactures make very little per unit on the sales.

Hold in mind I'm not completely sure I agree with Nokia. We are a long way from seeing what the market is gong to do, and the mobile market is volatile and has a very short product life expectancy.
  3. Jmart922

Jmart922 New Member

Keep doing the android community a big favor and stay away, less fragmentation = good thing
  4. Bilgediver

Bilgediver New Member

We do have to remember, in this market there really are no long term decisions. How fast is has each "generation" of networks come out? "Not to mention OS's and smartphones.

Apple can say what it thinks, but windows mobile and palm handsets drove the touchscreen craze in phones to begin with.

Motorola can make a series of short term decisions and wind up being king anyway, because each big "thing" in cellular tech has been short term anyway.

Tapatalk on Motorola Droid, UDeXtreme 8.0.0
  5. jmart8684

jmart8684 New Member

Maybe the have a trick up their sleeve, and going to follow up the ever-so-popular N-Gage with the N-Gage2..lol
  6. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

when I move to europe i'll get a nokia (meaning never)... without the android market or the app store a smart phone isn't so smart..... blackberrys nokias or whatever phones are out there are useless

the hd2 was a 10x better phone then any nokia but running windows mobile is lame
  7. chaz.ring

chaz.ring New Member

yep.... high school days for me with a nokia.
  8. JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK Well-Known Member

I had an e72 and was very impressed. It was fast, stable, had a great camera, never crashed but Symbian sucks swamp water through a small straw! It has some good features but menus are confusing and recursive, like the old New England saying "you can't get there from here, you have to go there first."

Yeah as someone said early on in this thread, they're in denial! Good luck Nokia!
  9. bigtex52

bigtex52 New Member

Probably why Nokia's market share continues to diminish as time goes by: poor knowledge of their market. And as for peeing in their pants to stay warm, who should know better than the Finns? dancedroid
  10. johntkong

johntkong New Member

I'm surprised they are even news worthy. I guess the only way for them to get into the news is say something that crazy.
Search tags for this page
does nokia have android market
does nokia make droid phone
nakio x android

why nokia does not use android