Nokia Does Not Want Android... Do You Care?

Do You Care?

• No, Nokia Can Go Burn In Finland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, They Are The Biggest Phone Marker, So I want Something

• Maybe, If their Solution Is Something Great

• Total voters

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
nokia.jpg

You might have missed it but late last month Nokia execs said companies using Android are "peeing in their pants" to keep themselves warm. Now this comes from a company that their best smartphone came out about three years ago (which I owned) and have yet to bring anything relevant to the market since. He also added that Android is just temporary and will not give these companies long term cash flow. This infers that a company like Motorola is not looking into the future, just steady working in the present and when the Android rush is over... They will be too.

Now I am not sure how that makes you feel. We all love Android and are waiting for the next best version to be released with PSN integration (Sony-Ericsson only), but Nokia seems certain about what they are talking about. That statement could mean either two things to you. One, Nokia has something in the works that will rival Android, and or two, they are just too sad about their falling market share that they are taking swing at everyone. Regardless this means Nokia will not be making it to the party, and so my question comes up... Do you really care?

Reply with your opinion about this matter.

Old News Via: Cnet

leonozug

Reaction score
Nope. All I want is HTC to bring over the Desire HD to the states. THAT'S one sweet phone!!

If they don't want to jump on the android bandwagon that is fine. Competiton is good, it breeds creativity. But in the next two years, I'm sure Android will be at the top no doubt. I think it's just sour grapes on their part.

I'm looking forward to android being on more than just smartphones. I'd LOVE an android laptop!! Now wouldn't that be something?? One can only hope. : )

Krish

Reaction score
Nokia who?

Are these people actually considering the burst of android phones and the android OS to be just a fad? I really see them in the future regretting it.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
That company is still around? No, I don't care.

Sent from my OG Droid using Tapatalk

mtz_gto

Reaction score
My
25qsxue.jpg

After growing up on Nokia phones in highschool (grad '01)
I look at Nokia as the Microsoft of cell phones... (they're worldwide)
They are one of the biggest and first... but like apple... They took the market over...
Its like selling the Zune/N series... They just doesn't compete with the top competitor...

dricacho

Reaction score
Who gives a crap about them. They can stay under that rock they've been living in for years. They just seem bitter because everyone else have passed them by.

IanG

Reaction score
Less carriers on Android = Less fragmentation = Less OMGWTF!!!

This is fine with me :)

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Its funny considering the Droid, Droid x, Milestone, Backflip, etc... completely revitalized the Motorola Mobile section (which Motorola originally wanted to split with, but now probably is scrambling to re-merge with).

:motdroidvert:DROID:motdroidvert:

And now the future looks even brighter for Motorola looking to expand their Android lines. It means Motorola doesn't have to focus on writing their own OS, it allows them to focus primarily on the Hardware to match an OS, and maybe tweak it to their liking.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
My
25qsxue.jpg

After growing up on Nokia phones in highschool (grad '01)
I look at Nokia as the Microsoft of cell phones... (they r worldwide)
The are one of the biggest and first... but like apple... They took the market over...
Its like selling the Zune/N series... They just doesn't compete with the top competitor...

Nokia was my very first phone with Verizon actually, even though the Antenna sucked, it got me through my first years of college.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Nokia is still around???
I don't care one bit.
I've never liked Nokia phones. They always looked boring and felt cheap.

It doesn't make sense to not go with Android. Any idiot can tell that in a year or two Android will have be taking over the market.

Whatever. I'm a motorola fan anyway. dancedroid

harv2000

Reaction score
It's all about the app market when it comes down to it. A well fleshed out and continually upgraded app market is what is driving the iPhone forward, and if it continues for Android, Android will continue as a winner. So many of the other systems have essentially no app market, or a very expensive app market with few choices.

Hardware is in one sense incidental. Yes, we want faster, better, larger, etc, but the ultimate piece of hardware that really can't do anything because there is no programming available that I can afford does noting for me.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Nokia is an old company in the realm of cell phones. They have seen bad times before and survived. I am betting they see the current market of cell phones dying off and they will reign king once again (did they ever truely reign king before...). Frankly, they are in denial. Unless they do something drastic, they are toast, or will eventually start making Android phones.

everstar80

Reaction score
This thread made me laugh. When was the last time nokia even put anything out for US consumption, 2004? And even when they were relevant, their phones sucked. So no, I really don't care about nakio, nikoa, oh that's right Nokia.