1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No Write Access in the FRG22 ROM

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sranger, Aug 7, 2010.

1. sranger

sranger New Member

PDroid3 did a great job getting us a FRG22 rom, but after installing it, I have no write access to the system files. The ROM works find except for the Pandroa Streaming quality issue. I know how to fix it, but cannot seem to edit the /system/build.prop file. I have tried Astro and ADB. Basically I get permission denied with any file commands or remount in ADB. I have two questions.

1) Can I simply edit the build.prop file and re-load the ROM with Rom Manager or is there some form of file checking ( like a checksum ) that would prevent me from making this simple change to the build.prop file in the update.zip. ( Basically you change true to false on an entry in the file).

2) Is there a way to gain write access to this file another way?

Thanks...

**** UPDATE ****

Nevermind, I found out that you can edit the file with root explorer...
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
Search tags for this page

no write access to the selected file

no write access to the selected file.