1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No working GPS with BB...?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mrdorunjr, Feb 17, 2010.

1. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr New Member

Not sure if this is the right place to put it, but in anycase:

i just installed the new BuglessBeast rom, and i got my contacts back and my apps etc, have all my screens set up the way i want them. and well gps for google maps and my weatherbug will not work, it cannot find me even if i manual turn on gps. is this a known issue that can't be fixed or is there something i can do, i use google maps alot and it makes it faster if it can just locate me... any and all help would be greatly appreciated, the people on the forums here have been extremely helpful in the past :)
  2. ezekiel2000

ezekiel2000 New Member

Bugless Beast 2.1 or 0.7.5?
    I've tried them both and had working GPS with both, but on 2.1 I did have to download and install GoogleMaps again from the market. You might try reading the corresponding thread here:
    http://www.alldroid.org/viewforum.php?f=309

to see if anyone else is having your same issue.
  3. Se7enLC

Se7enLC New Member

What version is "the new"? If it is the one based on Android 2.1, that has a number of bugs, including issues with the GPS. If it is the normal Bugless Beast, GPS should be working fine - I am running 0.7.4 with no problems.
  4. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr New Member

Well there ya go im using 0.7.5. Is there much of a differfence between that bamd 0.7.4 i love everything this has but the gps is fustrating! I want the theme this has and the 2.1 apps like the browser gallery music etc....
  5. ezekiel2000

ezekiel2000 New Member

Not a lot of difference between 0.7.4 and 0.7.5, and GPS should be working in 0.7.5, have you tried rebooting or reinstalling?
  6. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr New Member

i tried rebooting, that failed, ill try to reinstall...
  7. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr New Member

okay i tried reinstalling, that didnt work, ill try out 0.7.4 later today...
  8. ezekiel2000

ezekiel2000 New Member