1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

no wipe data/cache

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mskks64, Aug 5, 2010.

1. mskks64

mskks64 New Member

i am rooted and when i rooted i lost all data/cache. Now my friend wants to root can i get clockwork on his phone and then install one of the roms that doesn't require wipe on his phone? he really doesn't want to lose data!

edit: will the 1 click root do it?
  2. deaf leppy

deaf leppy New Member

That will root it, but you won't have any custom roms installed, so it will just be stock with root.. If you want to flash a custom rom, especially going to a FroYo rom, you will definitely need to wipe..
  3. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

Once he is rooted he can use an app like titanium backup to save his data but you definitely want to wipe when you install a new rom.
  4. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid New Member

Agreed, if they just want root they are fine, if they want a custom rom then they will lose the data/cache. But unless you have 100+ apps i never found this a problem, i mean your google syncs up and keeps your contacts and calendar etc. I just made a list of the apps i had and redownloaded, but now with 2.2 they automatically download after first boot. Not sure if that works coming from 2.0.1/2.1 or if its just from 2.2>2.2.
  5. deaf leppy

deaf leppy New Member

Pretty sure it works coming from 2.1, although I could be mistaken.
Search tags for this page

s4 wipes data and cache after install