Solved No Wifi/Mobile Network after I closed my account

car0llle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
kdedinaite
I have an LG G3 and this morning I woke up to it not being able to connect to any kind of internet/wifi. I have tried home wifi, work wifi and my mobile data. It says "Connecting..." and then turns to "Saved". I rebooted the phone, forgot and connected again to the networkS, all with no luck.

I have had the phone for 2 years and had received an email yesterday for my final bill from my network provider, since I have requested the closure of the account (UK o2). Nothing else has happened that could trigger this. The phone works with my other SIM card fine, so it's not locked, I assume. I don't know what rooting does, but can that be an issue? I considered myself quite tech savvy until now lol...

All the help will be greatly appreciated.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the forum, car0lle! Your phone should still be able to connect to wifi/internet even if you don't have phone service. I am not familiar with the LG G3, but I would guess it might have to do with a network setting. Go into your the network/data settings on your phone and check to see if there may be a setting that is preventing you from connecting.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
car0llle

car0llle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
kdedinaite
Welcome to the forum, car0lle! Your phone should still be able to connect to wifi/internet even if you don't have phone service. I am not familiar with the LG G3, but I would guess it might have to do with a network setting. Go into your the network/data settings on your phone and check to see if there may be a setting that is preventing you from connecting.

Thanks for the reply. After rebooting several times I've tested the mobile data and it connected finally out of the blue. Still no luck with the WiFi. I'm skimming through every setting I possibly can to check for errors or changes, but can't think of anything. Seeing that the mobile data works now, I'm wondering if I have screwed up the connection to work WiFi by trying to fix the issue... It is rather a process to connect to it. It's driving me nuts.

Add: OK. While I was writing the message I had a couple of instances of actually connecting to the work wifi, but it goes off again fast and it doesn't load anything, it showed me a message of internet being unavailable with it. RIGHT.. Everyone else has the connection. Getting really puzzled now.

OP
car0llle

car0llle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
kdedinaite
No idea what happened, but now it seems like it's working. I didn't end up changing anything. I have no idea what caused this derp of my LG G3 to appear. The WiFi was very stubborn and disconnected every 30s at first, but as the time goes, it seems more stable. I'm wondering if this is some hardware failing and acting up or something. I couldn't tell. Thanks!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, that is very puzzling. Hopefully it will continue to keep working.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
First, welcome to the forum!

Second, if you have these issues again, you might try "forgetting" your wifi network(s) in wifi settings & adding them again. You'll need the password for any secured network, so be sure you've got that info before doing so.

I'd wait & see if the issue comes back before doing this, but sometimes that'll fix strange issues like this.

Sent from my Moto Z

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I can't add anything to what others have stated, since it's on multiple Wi-Fi networks, so I'll just stick to the welcome aboard.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
car0llle

car0llle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
kdedinaite
Thanks all. I came back home to my WiFi menu blank and/or having trouble catching the WiFi signals. Sometimes I can see all the weak signals and still not mine. All other devices (3 laptops and a phone) have no issue with the WiFi. I've tried forgetting the network and looking into other WiFi settings. Nothing works. the networks just remain "Saved" or they disappear. I've reset my phone to factory settings (which was way overdue anyway) and still no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

OP
car0llle

car0llle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
kdedinaite
For anyone wondering. It was a problem with the WiFi chip and a very weird coincidence. I gave my phone this morning to the hands of my not-so-handy boyfriend and he actually managed to fix it by putting a piece of paper under the phone cover in order to add pressure to the wifi chip so it presses harder to the motherboard. Apparently, it's not very intact or something. That's a temp fix until I manage to bring it to repairs, which is likely going to happen when the piece of paper stops working, so hopefully never.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, I never would have come up with that idea for a fix! Kudos to your bf!