No water exposure, red X under battery cover

ladyofshalott99

Reaction score
Just want to make sure I'm not seeing something that's always been there.

Battery cover slipped off my DX this morning. Noticed hole with white paper backing with little red Xs visible. I have never dropped my phone in/exposed it to water/liquids.

Pulled battery this weekend, have done so previously, and don't recall having seen the white-with-Xs circle before now.

Having said that: The hole with the red Xs is on the lower left side, a few millimeters below the Micro SD card. The right side of the battery area, almost on the same horizontal plane, contains a same-size hole *with a screw inserted*. So, I want to make sure that this hole I'm seeing isn't merely an indicator of water, but something that should instead have a screw inserted in that spot!

Any insight? Am I looking at the water indicator paper, or, a spot where a screw should be?

Thanks!

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
I believe that if the phone gets wet then the red x will blur into the white causing it to turn redish pink, indicating it got wet. If your seeing the red x then your good. I just looked at mine and I have the same thing as you. You should also have a strip on the bottom of the battery showing something very simular.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
That is correct, it will be solid red/pink if you get it wet. Red X is how it comes from the factory.