No Vibration for Notifications

Nideda24

Reaction score
For some odd reason, my D2 will not vibrate when I receive a notification (ie new text message). It vibrates for everything else like phone calls, etc.

In settings I have Setting> Sound> Vibrate> Always selected. Also I use GoSMS and made sure vibrate is checked there too. I thought at first it was a GoSMS issue so I re-enabled the stock MMS app with notifications and still no luck.

I am running Liberty 1.5, Gingerbread Theme, and came from a full SBF and wipe data/cache.

Any suggestions?

On a side note, has anyone had any luck with the Silent State option in the sounds settings? It says it will "Add a silent state for complete silence to volume control" but I have not been able to get that to work in Liberty 1.0 or 1.5.

Last edited:

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Did u make sure it was checked in settings>notifications

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.

OP
N

Nideda24

Reaction score
Settings> Notifications doesn't have an option for vibrate, only the ringtone.

Worst comes to worst, I will SBF again and redo everything. I would rather avoid the hassle, but I don't mind.

plutonium0587

Reaction score
I just realized mine is doing that too... guess I will sbf bc reinstallling liberty doesn't fix it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
N

Nideda24

Reaction score
And the weird thing is that it just stopped out of the blue, working one day and not the next. I wiped data yesterday and reinstalled Liberty when I noticed it, but you're right, it didn't fix the problem.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, reinstalling Liberty won't help anything. I've been having the same problem, running Liberty 1.5, using the blue Gingerbread theme.

OP
N

Nideda24

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of SBFing right now, will keep you posted with any progress.

EDIT: SBF fixed the issue.

Last edited:

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of SBFing right now, will keep you posted with any progress.

EDIT: SBF fixed the issue.

I don't know how. I've SBF'd twice, and it didn't fix it.

OP
N

Nideda24

Reaction score
Ok so after just shy of two weeks, the notification vibrate has stopped working again. Originally I SBF'd and that fixed it, but if it a reoccurring problem I really dont feel like SBFing every two weeks.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of behavior?

Nothing crazy in my setup, Liberty 1.5, Gingerbread Theme, no overclock, or additional tweaks involved.

thebird36

Reaction score
if its a text message go to the message settings... go to message app then hit menu and go to notification and turn it on.. i have that prob all the time

OP
N

Nideda24

Reaction score
if its a text message go to the message settings... go to message app then hit menu and go to notification and turn it on.. i have that prob all the time

From original post: In settings I have Setting> Sound> Vibrate> Always selected. Also I use GoSMS and made sure vibrate is checked there too. I thought at first it was a GoSMS issue so I re-enabled the stock MMS app with notifications and still no luck.

Thanks though.

jkieffer46

Reaction score
I don't have vibrate when using the onscreen keyboard and I've tried everything I know. Anybody else had this?

Kozzy

Reaction score
Go into ur txt messaging app, hit menu, settings, notification settings, vibrate. Worked for me

na8flush

Reaction score
I have a D2G flashed with the latest 2.0 Liberty and I just started having this issue. Vibrate works in silent mode for incoming calls, but it does not work for text messages.

I'm using GoSMS, vibrate settings are on in there, they are enabled in settings->sound set to always, and nothing happens. Hoping I won't have to sbf or anything to fix this.