NO VALID RECIPIENT... any one else having this issue

MrLane

Reaction score
tried to send a text and found out that it was a no go

cowsquad

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I can't send text message, if I input the number, it gives the same error

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

overtwo

Reaction score
Same here...trying to figure out the solution.

Last edited:

Oktavius

Reaction score
Installed last night from a clean wipe and I am having this issue. Only thing I have done is sync with my Google account. No other programs were loaded when I started experiencing this issue.

I can respond to incoming messages but I can not create new messages from my contacts. Received texts just shows phone numbers and not the names from my contacts. It seems that my contacts aren't syncing with incoming messages. If I click a sender's phone number it allows me to add contact even though that number is already in my contacts.

After all that, loaded Handcent. I can send new messages from my contacts list but I still see phone numbers, no names from my contacts list.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Yup same here. This rom is soooo smooth though besides this. Sad to say I am falling back to 4.29

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

Djynn

Reaction score
If you enter the number manually it works. :) This is really just a plot to get people to remember their friends numbers again :)

Oktavius

Reaction score
If you enter the number manually it works. :) This is really just a plot to get people to remember their friends numbers again :)

Yes, that works. Definitely seems like the Google contacts are isolated or something. Other than this issue, everything seems to work very nicely.

bsm471

Reaction score
If you go into google gmail acount and edit each contact... remove all "-" in the numbers... for some reason the new miui will not read numers with dashes in them.

It sucks but it works perfect if you do that

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Seems silly to have to go into your contacts on gmail and remove all the '-' from their contact numbers to make a new ROM work. They'll figure it out since it worked fine on their last release.

ludi

Reaction score
Interim fix in post 26 of the release sticky. market app "Contacts Clean-up "

Tip14

Reaction score
You can also look at my post in the main thread. I did a Google clean up work around probably not as easy as contact clean up but it worked for me. dancedroid