No update yet

denmcdon

Reaction score
Is there anybody out there who hasn't recieved the update yet?

wardo

Reaction score
I have not. For the last few weeks my update result says service not available

ziggy484

Reaction score

Why don't you guys take the phone to a verizon store and make them fix it?
I did they said you have to wait for it to come to your phone.

Sorry, but I find that real hard to believe... did you show them that it said "service not available"? That's not normal, they would've done something about it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
OP
denmcdon

denmcdon

Reaction score
Why don't you guys take the phone to a verizon store and make them fix it?

Sorry, but I find that real hard to believe... did you show them that it said "service not available"? That's not normal, they would've done something about it.
My phone does not say service unavailable,it checks for a update but there is nothing.

masfet

Reaction score
My TB does the same thing, it check for the new update, but returns with no result. Obviously, it still has not received the update.

ziggy484

Reaction score

Such as? They have no control over when your device gets the update.

Yo're missing the point, the message you're getting means there is something wrong with your device or the ota update software on your phone that looks for updates... if it was working properly you would either recieve the update or get a message that says "no new updates available", and yes that probably nobody can do anything about... "service not available" is not normal, get it?

OP
denmcdon

denmcdon

Reaction score
My TB does the same thing, it check for the new update, but returns with no result. Obviously, it still has not received the update.

Yea I guess I'll just have to wait thanks for the reply.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Such as? They have no control over when your device gets the update.

Yo're missing the point, the message you're getting means there is something wrong with your device or the ota update software on your phone that looks for updates... if it was working properly you would either recieve the update or get a message that says "no new updates available", and yes that probably nobody can do anything about... "service not available" is not normal, get it?

For one thing my device has updated, It had the service not available message but updated anyway.

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score

This happened to me also, someone from these forums helped me out and it worked for me, download phone info or LTE ON OFF. Switch to CDMA only after its Guna switch to 1x then just search for the update and it should be there. It worked for me only thing download is guna be slow since its on 1x lol
After everything's done just switch it back to cdma auto or however you had it.
Let me know if it worked:)

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt !

OP
denmcdon

denmcdon

Reaction score

This happened to me also, someone from these forums helped me out and it worked for me, download phone info or LTE ON OFF. Switch to CDMA only after its Guna switch to 1x then just search for the update and it should be there. It worked for me only thing download is guna be slow since its on 1x lol

Tried this didn't work for me.

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score

Another try wouldn't hurt
If you really want the update

OP
denmcdon

denmcdon

Reaction score

Another try wouldn't hurt
If you really want the update

Nope,didn't work i guess i'll have to wait for it to be pushed to me.Thank you anyway.