No text message notifications

Calimar

Reaction score
There I was minding my own business when out of nowhere my phone stopped notifying me of text messages. I think all I did was reboot the phone and it just stopped working. I get no sound, no vibration, and no notification. I'm running Liberty v2.0.1 w/ Launcher Pro Plus. I use Handcent SMS as my text messaging application and have checked the settings several times to make sure everything is set up correctly, and the weird part is that when I go to "Test Notification" a notification pops up and the phone vibrates like it's supposed to, but not when I receive an actual message.

Thinking Handcent SMS was the problem I switched to Go SMS Pro, checked all of the settings, and I still wouldn't receive a notification, so I tried the stock messaging application, checked all of the settings, and got the same result. I checked all of the audio levels and everything is as it should be. To make things weirder if I receive a picture message I get a notification and the phone vibrates like it's supposed to, but a normal text message yields no results.

I have tried rebooting the phone several times, doing a battery pull, letting it drain to full, and using an entirely different battery.

Can anyone think of what the problem might be?

OP
C

Calimar

Reaction score
To add to the problems a few days ago I used my camera to take a quick picture, put the phone to sleep, then turned it on and went to take a new picture about 2 minutes later and it said something along the lines of "sorry, can't open the camera, try again later." I tried several times and continued getting that error, tried rebooting the phone, and received the same error, then tried a battery pull and the camera worked for maybe 15 seconds then froze (just what the camera was seeing, not the phone) so I closed out of the camera app and went back into it and continued getting the error again.

After that I decided to charge the battery to full with the phone on (it was at 30%) and I came back to it when it was around 70% and tried again and the camera still wasn't working so I let it charge longer and came back to it when it was at 100% and the camera was working again and it has been working since then (a few days). It seems my phone is just going downhill.

Its also been being very slow lately and randomly freezing for a few seconds when trying to move between screens or apps. I didn't install anything new so I don't know what's happening.