no text alert

roys76

Reaction score
Hi
need help. Not able to hear a sound on text notifacation. Phone calls ring fine but no sound when text comes in.

huskur

Reaction score
Hi
need help. Not able to hear a sound on text notifacation. Phone calls ring fine but no sound when text comes in.

need to go to your messaging app and go to settings (four little lines at the bottom of the phone) and scroll through until you see "notifications". Thats where to change the settings

Sheri4873

Reaction score
I need help!

First of all, I love my phone.

I recently received the 2.2 update, and everything seemed to work wonderfully, now, all of a sudden, my text alert sounds aren't coming through (it only vibrates). I have tried turning the phone off, removing the battery and then the sound would work for the first incoming txt, but nothing after that. I thought maybe the message app was staying on, so I tried different app killers, still no resolution. I even installed handcent and disabled notifications from the default app, but the phone is still experiencing the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Is this a software issue?
Is Motorola aware of this?

Rocfrog

Reaction score
First of all, I love my phone.

I recently received the 2.2 update, and everything seemed to work wonderfully, now, all of a sudden, my text alert sounds aren't coming through (it only vibrates). I have tried turning the phone off, removing the battery and then the sound would work for the first incoming txt, but nothing after that. I thought maybe the message app was staying on, so I tried different app killers, still no resolution. I even installed handcent and disabled notifications from the default app, but the phone is still experiencing the same issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Is this a software issue?
Is Motorola aware of this?

This is exactly what mine is doing after the update!!!

Nick

MasterNa8

Reaction score
Mie did the same thing just try this it worked for me. from the home screen hit the "Text Messaging" icon. Once their hit the menu button at the bottom left hand corner of your droid and select "message Settings". Once their hit the menu button at the bottom left hand corner of your droid again and you will see "restore default settings". Select it and abra ca dabra your message alerts work again. Well at least mine did. I hope this works guys. GL