No suggestive spelling for hard kepboard with liberty 1.5

txter

Reaction score
Is their a way to get this back or added in?
I have suggestive spelling on the soft keyboard but not the hard board...and that's the one I use the most.
Thx

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

RUKKUS

Reaction score
Is their a way to get this back or added in?
I have suggestive spelling on the soft keyboard but not the hard board...and that's the one I use the most.
Thx

I don't think there ever was suggestions for the physical keyboard.. I use better keyboard which can add that functionality, but you're saying it was on liberty 1.0?

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
I never ran Liberty 1.0. But I can from a stock rom but I removed manystock apps and overclocked it. The stock physical keyboard had suggestive txt. I know this cause I use the hard board 90% of the time.

RUKKUS

Reaction score
I never ran Liberty 1.0. But I can from a stock rom but I removed manystock apps and overclocked it. The stock physical keyboard had suggestive txt. I know this cause I use the hard board 90% of the time.

are you sure you weren't using an app or something? I remember when I got my DROID2 I was disappointed that the physical keyboard didn't have suggestions which is why I picked up better keyboard. and you were running completely stock? what version? 2.3.20?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There was most certainly predictive text on stock but only with the blur keyboard, not swype. Have you tried installing the blur KB from the liberty toolbox? I don't know if it will work for you but its worth a shot. And if it doesn't work, check out better keyboard and the HTC ime mod keyboard. They're the ones I use regularly and they both have that function.

tappin and a talkin

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
Ill try the blur keyboard. But I think that's for the virtual kb. I remember in keyboard settings, under physical kb, their was a setting for it. In liberty, that setting isn't there. I have predictive txt on the virtual kb.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I know but the hardware keyboards predictions are dictated by the virtual keyboard so its possible that is a feature of the blur keyboard that is left out of the aosp one.

tappin and a talkin

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
I just tried installing the blur kb twice. I kept getting the gb kb instead. I tried that htc mod a week ago and it didn't help. Mabey ill try reinstalling the blur board again. Or mabey it really is something that got left out of this rom. I hope they can cook it in without a problem. Id love that.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The Stock blur Virtual Keyboard is what you need. I can email it to you if you need.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
That'd be great. Can you email it here or do you need my personal email?

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you PM me your gmail it'll get pushed right through to your phone.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
AWSOME..... worked like a charm. THX SO MUCH.

microsnook

Reaction score
Yea, they should incorporate physical keyboard word predictions with the gingerbread keyboard!
It only makes sense....Im not sure why they wouldnt.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
It is built into the gb keyboard. Its under gb kb settings.