No Sounds at All??

maslan

Reaction score
No matter what i do i am getting nothing. Vibrate works fine - but no notifications for Text, email or even phone ringing on incoming call?? I turn on/off vibrate and no difference. I have chosen ringtones/notification tones but nothing???

I must be missing something - i read through the original post and see nothing that would help.

Thanks for any help.

mjh68

Reaction score
What version of Miui are you running ? I know with the older versions you had to physically uncheck the silent box once the phone was turned onto silent mode, just adjusting the volume rocker wouldn't do it.
The new versions though I thought the volume rocker would turn the sound back on. I guess just go into the settings and see if the silent mode is off or on ?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Silent mode is off? On the notification pulldown power controls? I forget about those controls.

Is the "bell" symbol on the pulldown lit or not?

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
M

maslan

Reaction score
"silent Mode" was it. :) Did not catch that. Still checking out all the settings.

Running latest version - changing volume with rocker had no affect on turning silent mode off.

Now it wont save any changes -- and worst of all....... My "DROID" sound is gone? When i click on sounds in Messaging app for notifications some of them work and some dont. WHat gives?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Some sounds are listed but don't work? Or some are not even listed?

Volume seems to run low for me on miui. I have to up the volume to hear certain tones.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

GeLopez

Reaction score
You manually have to inject (like me) the droid into the zip sound since it does not come in the rom

OP
M

maslan

Reaction score
You manually have to inject (like me) the droid into the zip sound since it does not come in the rom

OK - i am fairly knowledgeable with this stuff - and have been rooted for about 9-10 months now and tried a handful of roms. But you lost me on that lol. How do i do that? Can you give me some detailed instructions? Thanks for any help. I have all the basic stuff (Terminal Emulator, Root Explorer, etc..) to change files.

GeLopez

Reaction score
With root explorer just copy the droid sound to /system/media/audio/notifications

With terminal emulator download sound to sdcard
su
Sysrw
cp /sdcard/Droid.ogg /system....the rest is the same
Sysro
Exit

What I like to do is before I install any rom I drop it inside the zip file with winrar or 7zip