no sound

hippieatheart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
709v82_jbla118
I have an android 709v82_jbla118. Its a note 3. Doesn't have a brand name. The problem I am experiencing is with the lack of sound. All sound works dine with headphones but take them out and nothing.. I've checked to see if there was lint or something causing a glitch but found none. I have reset a few times and still nothing. Any ideas on a fix?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum!
After a quick Google search, it appears that you have a Chinese knock off or clone of the Note 3. Did you purchase this device new or used? Has the sound ever worked without your headphones, or did it just recently stop working? By chance did your device get wet or was it dropped? Have long have you had the device? If you just recently got it, you could always try and contact the seller to see if they'll replace it. Unfortunately you don't usually have many options when it comes to warranty or replacements with clones. If you've already done a factory reset and that didn't help, I'm really not sure what else to suggest. Maybe one of our other members can offer some suggestions.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
H

hippieatheart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
709v82_jbla118
I've had it for a while but had issues getting it to read sim cards from the beginning a while bk. (Can't remember how long) I gave up and let my mother have a go at it and she took it to att and they were able to get it going w/o a sim card. After dropping her calls (she thought it was the phone but I tried telling her she was in a low service area) she returned it to me.
The sound has never worked without headphones :(
It hasn't been dropped ( thou I felt like throwing it across the room a few times!!!!) And its never gotten wet. It was purchased as new.
I guess it was my own fault for buying something I thought was a good deal and not doing enough homework. Thou all the reviews I read said it was great.
There are a few glitches as well as the sound but those were fixed via reset. I suppose I'll be saving up for a name brand and tossing this one.
Thanks for the quick response.

Reactions: cr6
OP
H

hippieatheart

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
709v82_jbla118
You're welcome! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

S5 tap'n
UPDATE!
Last night my husband took my phone apart to mess with the speaker. Our plan was to swap it out with another phones speaker if the type was right. We couldn't find one within the old phones we have so he put mine back together. But he did mess with the wires connected to my speaker on my phone. Low and behold!!! This morning I took my phone off the charging dock and WHAMMMM! SOUND!!
So, if all else fails for any of you with no sound, try having someone experinced in phone repair mess with your speaker INSIDE the phone.
( my hubby has replaced screens and motherboards and so on in phones for a few years now..so that's what I mean when I say experienced he he he)
Sincerely yours,
Soundmazing in Louisiana
:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
UPDATE!
Last night my husband took my phone apart to mess with the speaker. Our plan was to swap it out with another phones speaker if the type was right. We couldn't find one within the old phones we have so he put mine back together. But he did mess with the wires connected to my speaker on my phone. Low and behold!!! This morning I took my phone off the charging dock and WHAMMMM! SOUND!!
So, if all else fails for any of you with no sound, try having someone experinced in phone repair mess with your speaker INSIDE the phone.
( my hubby has replaced screens and motherboards and so on in phones for a few years now..so that's what I mean when I say experienced he he he)
Sincerely yours,
Soundmazing in Louisiana
:):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Yay! Excellent news! Enjoy your new world of sound from your speakers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk