No sound with MMS

Androidatic

Reaction score
This is the time of year for all kinds of holiday MMS messages. When I get one with a pic and sound, I can see the pic but there is no sound on my Eris.

If I tap the screen I can see the sound bar moving but no sound. I am using Handcent but I have the same problem when using the HTC messaging program.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Jolest

Reaction score
If you press the "up" volume button WHILE playing the message, which volume bar appears on your screen?

OP
A

Androidatic

Reaction score
The ringer volume, not the media voulme. I thought that was strange that I had no option to turn the media volume up. Thanks for reminding me of that.

Jolest

Reaction score
There are several ways to modify the media volume. The easiest I've found is using the volume control in the Quick Settings app. (It basically shows -all- the volumes at once and allows you to adjust them with sliders.)

Once you install QS, you'll need to run it, then hit menu > customize > and move the volume control section up to where it can be seen. (Don't know why they hide it initially. Haven't had time to write the author to ask...)

Good luck. :)

nikolaus

Reaction score
Im having same problem, buddy of mine sent me a audio mms, cant hear it on the eris. Media volume, and ringer volume are maxed, no sound comes out, slider just scrolls along for the 14 second clip, but I hear nothing. Any updates on this thread of something that works?

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My MMS is messing up too, but I receive it as a still picture???

refthemc

Reaction score
I think the reason we can't properly see MMS's like everyone else is because when we receive them we get them separated into different files. Like 1, the picture, 2 the sound, and of course the text. I was gonna download an app called "anMMS" that supposedly fixes that problem but I never tried it, maybe some of you guys can see if it actually works?

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
anMMS didn't work, but thanks. I did remove Handcent and was able to play a video my daughter sent me. YA! Then I reinstalled Handcent and it worked. The jury is still out until I see more MMS videos work, but it's a step in the right direction.