No Sound from External Speaker

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by tz34mb, Feb 28, 2012.

1. adriscol

adriscol New Member

I just had a sound issue on my Razr Maxx. I found that there was no sounds for dialing or touching the screen from the external speaker. I then checked and my volume (s) were all the way down. I raised the volumes and still not sound from the external speaker, they would work when I plugged in my headset. After playing around for awhile and getting ready for the Factory Restore process (which I have performed many times to get ride of junk), I tried the last item. I put the phone into silent mode and then back into normal sound mode using the power button. All sound issues went away. I verified this to be the issue buy again putting my phone into silent mode, using the power button, and then I went into settings, sound, voulme and raised the lowered settings to max. When I went back to the home screen there were not sounds. I then used the power button to put the phone back into silent mode and then back to normal mode and the sound began to work again.

The one thing that made me think this was a setting or software/firmware issue from the beginning was that even though there were no screen click or dialing sounds, games and ringtones worked normally. Weird but, at least I was able to save myself hours of resetting the phone and then setting up all the accounts and everything to get my phone back to the way I had it.

I hope this helps someone else from going :blink:nuts.
    Allen
  2. SammyQ2

SammyQ2 New Member

One thing I have to say, Verizon sure sends the replacement phones out in a hurry. I went to the Verizon store on Friday to complain about the speaker, and the replacement was in my mailbox on Monday.

So, I have everything switched over to the new phone. I'm actually attaching a note to the old phone, describing the problem for the service contractor. The new RAZR seems to be fine, but time will tell.

Wish me luck.
  3. tz34mb

tz34mb New Member

SammyQ2

Hopefully that one works for you.
    My 3rd Max seems to be perfect and have no issues with it yet! Hopefully that same can be said for your replacement.

I still love this phone, and feel it was worth the hassel to get one that functions perfectly!
Search tags for this page
android no sound from speaker
droid bionic speaker not working

droid razr maxx no sound

droid razr maxx speaker not working

droid razr maxx speaker problems

droid razr no sound

droid razr no sound from speaker

droid razr speaker not working

motorola razr speaker not working

razr maxx no sound

razr maxx speaker not working