No sound (from both earpiece and speakers)

yeeman7

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my Droid for about 3 months, and this issue just recently came up the other day. I was messing around with some apps (Nesoid I recall), and then suddenly, the audio became muffled/quiet, and after a few minutes, my phone had no audio at all. The external speakers and ear piece produced no sound. The only sound I could hear was from incoming calls, not even the ringer works. Is this a common issue for anyone else? I've tried turning the phone on/off, charging the phone, and even a factory reset, and it never resolved this problem.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hi, I've had my Droid for about 3 months, and this issue just recently came up the other day. I was messing around with some apps (Nesoid I recall), and then suddenly, the audio became muffled/quiet, and after a few minutes, my phone had no audio at all. The external speakers and ear piece produced no sound. The only sound I could hear was from incoming calls, not even the ringer works. Is this a common issue for anyone else? I've tried turning the phone on/off, charging the phone, and even a factory reset, and it never resolved this problem.

Are you running stock 2.01?

OP
Y

yeeman7

Reaction score
^
Yeah. I don't know what the problem is. This is the first issue I've had since I bought the phone.

boltzst

Reaction score
I figured it out!

I had the same problems (and registered just to help others)...

My problem came from the car dock, headphone jack, etc.

When using the headphone jack, sound worked, but nothing from speaker phone.

I hooked it back up to the car dock, headphone jack in and leaving it connected to the jack, i took it out of the dock. I then powered it off while listening to music through the jack. Once powered off, i unplugged it all, brought it in and turned it back on. wala! it works again.

I also tapped the end where the camera button is on my palm like packing a cigarette box, but i doubt that was it.

So, hook up some headphones, turn off the phone, unplug and power on. good luck!

boltzst

Reaction score
ACtually, this issue IS corrected by tapping the bottom of the phone one way or another, as if you are trying to 'center' the speaker on the back bottom.

I think there is a problem with the speaker not functioning normally

suebee29

Reaction score
No sound-phone only

As of yesterday, I could not answer or talk on phone calls only. It rings; it connects to other phones; we just can't hear one another. All other functions work, i.e., messaging, ringing, media sounds etc. I have only had the phone since August. Is this a familiar problem? It's obviously NOT the speakers.