No SMS notification until I wake the phone using an HTC Rezound

abe37

Reaction score
I recently puchased an HTC rezound. I downloaded Go SMS Pro to use for SMS. I used that for almost 2 years with no major issues on my Incredible that I just replaced. What I have found is that once the phone has blacked the screen and gone into sleep mode I don't get a SMS notification immediately. I am not sure of the exact time, but at least 3 -5 mintes may pass with no notification. If I press the power button I immediately get an indication that I have a new message(s). I find it very hard to believe that I get a text message at the exact moment I press the power button 90% of the time.
Has anyone else seen this or something similar?

Thanks for any input...

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Well this section is for the droid x lol. But i use a app called lightflow from the market. Really customizable to how u want ur notifications. many colors if your phone supports them. Has always worked for me. I have the paid version also.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
this is the Droid X forum, there's an HTC Rezound forum on this site if you just go to the top where all the pictures of the phones are.

Anyway, I used to have that problem in ares with low service, with many phones not just Android phones. I wouldn't receive messages till I was using the phone and then once the screen was on all my messages would come in. I never really knew what caused it but my guess is that the radio isn't on as strong when the phone is locked or something like that

OP
A

abe37

Reaction score
okay sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I'll move it. But thanks for your input

Mondingo

Reaction score
I recently puchased an HTC rezound. I downloaded Go SMS Pro to use for SMS. I used that for almost 2 years with no major issues on my Incredible that I just replaced. What I have found is that once the phone has blacked the screen and gone into sleep mode I don't get a SMS notification immediately. I am not sure of the exact time, but at least 3 -5 mintes may pass with no notification. If I press the power button I immediately get an indication that I have a new message(s). I find it very hard to believe that I get a text message at the exact moment I press the power button 90% of the time.
Has anyone else seen this or something similar?

Thanks for any input...

Mine is doing the same thing. I never receive my emails until I wake the phone up. Texts are fine. I started another thread to see. I'm sure it's just a setting. But can't figure it out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums