No SIM card

squiblonious

Reaction score
How long have you been experiencing this problem?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I got the phone December 1 and started experiencing this about two weeks into ownership. The first time it happened I honestly figured it was a Verizon glitch as I was at work and have never had any signal issues while at work before.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I got the phone December 1 and started experiencing this about two weeks into ownership. The first time it happened I honestly figured it was a Verizon glitch as I was at work and have never had any signal issues while at work before.
pop the sim out and put it back in a couple of times then clean the sim with some rubbing alch. and put it back in sometimes the seet is improprer or it may have cruddy contacts. if it still is a prob idk

Faithfill

Reaction score
I've had this same issue and got a new SIM card and did a hard reset of the device. No problems since. There is a maintenance update HTC is working on but no timeline as to when it will be released

gary73

Reaction score
I cleaned mine about 3weeks ago been fine so far

xx2tashaa2xx

Reaction score
still dosent work with new SIM

its quite common with the preinstalled sim. get a fresh one at vzw and you wont have a problem
--examples of the pre-installed sim not working--
Sim card error - Android Forums
SIM card error... - xda-developers

I have the droid DNA as well when I got it at first it was fine and then after awhile I would just have no service took it to Verizon and the guy put in a new SIM after a while once again its still having this issue, I took it back again and the other guy said oh well I did a reset and an update so it should be fine. NOT!!! it continues to do it. but he did say that if it kept doing it that I could bring the phone back and get a new one because it would be covered under warranty.

jplemt

Reaction score
I started getting the "Preparing SIM Card" today after installing a battery saving program that disables the data connections after a set period of time. I would get the message along with the np service indicator after waking the phone and when it attempts to establish the data connection. It would usually pop up 2x then I would have service and data again. I uninstalled the program as I never had this before installing it. Hopefully this fixes that issue.

jplemt

Reaction score
When I installed Opera mobile on my DNA, got the No SIM message twice. Uninstalled it and haven't since. I wonder if there is a weird software problem causing this.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Forum Runner