No SIM card

polack

Reaction score
Just today my phone Droid 2 global) all of a sudden after a reboot my phone says there is no sim card and it's changed to cdma network. I looked to see if i knocked the card loose but it's still there. Any ideas? Also my lock stopped working when this happened.

OP
P

polack

Reaction score
ok.. the reason my lock isn't working is because of the damn message on the lockscreen that says "no sim card". when i put the phone in airplane mode, this message dissappears off the lockscreen and my lock works again. so the thing i need to know is how i can get my phone to read a sim card i never need or use.

OP
P

polack

Reaction score
Alright... Now i called verizon and have them sending me a new droid 2 global as this one is only 13 days old and has stopped reading the sim card. But i really will never use the sim card and i've found a different lock screen app called no lock that does exactly what i need. so now my phone is perfect for me the only issue is it's bothering me that somethings not working right on this phone. Should i spend the hours redoing the new phone, rooting it and putting all my data back on it, setting up my screen and taping my vibrate function on it or just man up and deal with it.

OP
P

polack

Reaction score
yeah. i just called them and explained what's up. I've always had great service with verizon. bad thing is having to spend the hours setting it up. unrooting mine and rooting that one and whatnot.

pb1bicdic

Reaction score
Recently I started getting an (no SIM card), in the notification bar. If I restart phone it goes away, but I prefer to not have to do that for the next 2 years. Does anyone have any advice?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Have you opened the tray and made sure the card is inserted completely? Try taking it out and putting it back in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If nothing else, take it out and put it back in. If it doesn't work just goto a VZW store and get a free new one and see if that helps.

pb1bicdic

Reaction score
Ok, so help me out, I thought the phone was sealed, where is the sim card located?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You are right. I wasn't looking at the phone ya had, my bad. I would take it to a VZW store if the problem keeps up. But Cliff mentioned a tray I'm unaware with, don't have a DNA. I'm sure he can help ya out more!

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
the sim card is in a tray at the top right corner. poke a toothpick in the little hole and it will eject the sim tray. i heard some of the preinstalled sim cards are defective. i used my old one from my droid 4 and mine is doing fine. if you dont have an old sim id sugesst getting a replacement sim at the vzw store.

yalerider

Reaction score
In your DNA box, there is a metal tab that has HTC on it. It also has a little "tooth pick" hanging off of it. It will open the little tray right of the power button. That's the tool the store used to mess with mine. I also have been getting the no SIM card logo, just haven't done anything about it yet...

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
In your DNA box, there is a metal tab that has HTC on it. It also has a little "tooth pick" hanging off of it. It will open the little tray right of the power button. That's the tool the store used to mess with mine. I also have been getting the no SIM card logo, just haven't done anything about it yet...
its quite common with the preinstalled sim. get a fresh one at vzw and you wont have a problem
--examples of the pre-installed sim not working--
Sim card error - Android Forums
SIM card error... - xda-developers

squiblonious

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue but still cant figure out what common trends trigger it. I've taken it to verizon and they have replaced the SIM card and it was good for about two days. This error has been happening at random intervals and like the rest don't know it has happened until i notice my phone has been quiet for too long and realize no signal!

I toggle into Airplane mode and back to give it a quick fix, but sometimes it seems to get hung up on turning off the radio. Perhaps that's a clue to the root cause of error, but that's just speculation.

pb1bicdic

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue but still cant figure out what common trends trigger it. I've taken it to verizon and they have replaced the SIM card and it was good for about two days. This error has been happening at random intervals and like the rest don't know it has happened until i notice my phone has been quiet for too long and realize no signal!

I toggle into Airplane mode and back to give it a quick fix, but sometimes it seems to get hung up on turning off the radio. Perhaps that's a clue to the root cause of error, but that's just speculation.

How long have you been experiencing this problem?