1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No signs of downloading update after I start the download

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by stinger1991, Oct 23, 2012.

1. stinger1991

stinger1991 New Member

-I posted this in Tech Support and "Motorola Droid Bionic" because I wasn't sure where to put this

When I pressed Download Now when the notification for ICS, I see no signs of the update being downloaded. Noting in the notifications curtain, no progress bars, nothing.

When I go to Settings>About Phone>System Update, it says the update is being downloaded.

I am on WiFi if that is important, and I have 100% signal as well

please tell me if this is normal, I haven't downloaded an update for this thing in forever :p

Thanks so much.
  2. gbdog

gbdog New Member

Mine did the same thing so I restarted the phone and it took right off.
  3. jcblackmon

jcblackmon New Member

I have the same issue, phone indicates download is in process when I select search for upgrades. There is no indication ANYTHING is happening, at I started the download over an hour ago. I am on Wifi as well and have powered on and off, nothing changed. Any help???
  4. motterman

motterman New Member

Same here, so I restarted the phone. It now says "download paused, will resume shortly". Tried turning off and on wifi, disabling 4G and re-enabling. Turned wifi back off and set it somewhere where it can get clear 4G again and am letting it sit for an hour or so and will check on it... "a watched pot never boils" etc.
  5. jcblackmon

jcblackmon New Member

Finally worked, turned off the phone and popped out the battery for a bit...got it all installed, liking ICS so far.
  6. motterman

motterman New Member

Well, it now says 6% so I know it's not "stuck" but to say that 6% in just over an hour is not very encouraging...
  7. motterman

motterman New Member

Came back after going to some meetings at work. Seems like the downloading completed and the instal/upgrade is proceeding as well...
Search tags for this page

where are bionic updates downloaded

where do i find downloads on droid bionic?