No signal at all!?!?!

skyshadow

Reaction score
I've had my nexus for about 12 days and haven't had many issues but today I'm having a real bad signal problem. Around 2pm I was driving and my signal dropped from 3g to 1x. It wouldn't go up no matter what and I was on my usual route to work so this never happens. I rebooted my phone and tried changing in between lte and cmda but all that happens is the call signal bars stay grey and I get no internet service at all. Its now 6pm I'm at work where I normally have 4 bars 4g service and I still have nothing. Anyone have any advice?

The only reason I'm posting is my store has wifi.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's going on? Anyone in the Manchester ct area having this issue?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be an issue with Verizon. Verizon's 4G network hasn't been very dependable, it has had some pretty rough teething issues. Anyone else with a Verizon 4G phone that you know of in your area that is having issues?

Gray bars mean you aren't connected to Google's servers, I believe very weak connection can equate to this. Which would make sense regarding your situation.

Of course it could be something else as well.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
I'm back home now and still have nothing. Only wifi works. I can still make calls and text but nothing else. Not even backup assistant will sync.

samiusmc

Reaction score
This is why I got rid of my Nexus. I had two of them and both did the same thing you're describing. I'm surprised it took so long for you to notice the problem.

nbucko

Reaction score
By chance have you tried a reboot?

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I am in Southern Maryland area where there is no 4G, just 3G. Sounds like to me it's in your area and is giving the same symptoms when the network failed before. 1X, grey bars, etc and may not be a symptom of the Nexus. However, if you feel it is, pay $35 and exchange for another phone. The Rezound is awesome too. You said you have the phone 12 days. You have till 14 days for exchange under the warranty.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
So uh guys it turns out I'm stupid..... when I earlier said I was driving and my data dropped to 1x, while trying to toggle it between lte and cmda I accidently turned of the data enabled option. I just noticed it now and flipped it back on. I'm sorry for wasting your time. Long live the nexus!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
So uh guys it turns out I'm stupid..... when I earlier said I was driving and my data dropped to 1x, while trying to toggle it between lte and cmda I accidently turned of the data enabled option. I just noticed it now and flipped it back on. I'm sorry for wasting your time. Long live the nexus!

It happens to all of us from time to time. Glad you got it sorted. I enjoy happy endings.

thisiswang

Reaction score
similar problem

I have a similar problem. after updating to latest gummyjar rom this morning I lost data. Now i'm at work which is a 4g area and i get 4g but no 3g. I turned the network switch to cdma but get nothing. its been about 4 hours now and no 3g only 4g. this wouldn't be a problem but where i live theres only 3g.