No Service / No Battery - Uh oh...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ZeroGravity107, Aug 8, 2010.

1. ZeroGravity107

Ratings:
    +0
    Was going to go FRG22 and I flashed SBRecovery and now when my phone loads up there is NO service and NO battery.

Help?

Tried a factory reset and nothing. I'm a droid rooting noob.

"Sorry! Process system is not responding"

2. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Please post the info from the following location:
    Go to your Home screen and press the menu key. Scroll down to where it says About Phone. Give us the following info:

Model Number:
    Android Version:
    Baseband Version:
    Kernel Version:
    Build number:

That will give us a starting point.

Also, if you go into "Status" do you see anything under "Signal Strength"? Should say something like "-94dBm 0 asu" maybe. Also, what does it say under Service State a little further down?

3. ZeroGravity107

Ratings:
    +0
    Model Number: Droid
    Android Version: 2.2
    Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
    Kernel Version: 2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788
    android-build@apa26 #1
    Build number:FRG01B

keeps restarting on me before I can get all the info in

I'm going to flash the stock sbf when it finishes downloading.

Signal Strength -91dBm 0 asu
    Service State - In Service

(battery icon is red with line through it, service bars are empty)

#3 ZeroGravity107, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  4. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Ok, sounds good. Let us know what happens. From the looks of things, you have service and signal (the last 2 items you listed), it looks like you just may not be getting the icons to show it. Did you have to go through the activation? You may need to dial *228, choose #1, then maybe run through and do #2. If you update the Baseband version (you have the latest one), you often have to do the *228 thing. And sometimes, it won't work later at night. I've heard anything from 10PM to 6 AM.

5. ZeroGravity107

Ratings:
    +0
    Reflashed stock SBF and everything looks okay. Just finished programming. What could have happened? I don't understand?

6. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    It may have just been the activation issue. Sometimes, no matter what step we take to prevent it, the system has a little hiccup. You may have just been the lucky one. Sorry, no prize though. :)

I found my update of the baseband file here:
    When it Rains, it Pours: Newest Radio File for the Motorola Droid C_01.43.01P

If you read the replies, you'll see a number of people having issues getting signal and service (3G). Sometimes, they may even have it but the icons just don't show it. You'll also see the time thing mentioned over and over on there.

7. ZeroGravity107

Ratings:
    +0
    Could it have been a non-fully charged battery. Since reflashing the battery is only at 40%, meaning it was not 100% when I did it. I didn't check and just assumed it would be okay.

I'm going to try again tomorrow at 100% charge.

8. White Rat

White Rat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think your problem is that you flashed the SPrecov .sbf but then proceeded to NOT install a new rom at the same time. So you probably had some kernel issues going on.

When you flash Sprecovery be sure to have a rom in the form of an update.zip on the root of your sd card, and install that before you attempt to reboot your phone.

9. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Negative.

You can flash an alternate recovery and do nothing else. Nothing will be affected.

You can flash an alternate baseband [and activate]. Nothing else will be affected.

You can flash a ROM, and then you should probably clear DATA and CACHE and if needed add a kernel. This part is dependent on the ROM you install.

E

10. White Rat

White Rat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Normally yeah. But this wasn't the case when trying to root the official 2.2 update. I flashed sprecov just like with 2.1 and it gave me all the issues the OP was describing.

11. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    If all you do is replace the recovery, your running system is not otherwise affected.

Rephrased: If all you do is replace the recovery... SO LONG as you don't boot into the recovery console, NOTHING has changed.

I suspect the usual "Sunday Night" "I can't get my Verizon phone to work after reboot/flash/ROM/whatever."

E

12. White Rat

White Rat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no noob to rooting droids. This was the first time I had ever had issues after flashing a recovery. The whole process of using rsdlite automatically rebooted the phone and the above issues were encountered. They were fixed by wiping (again) and flashing a rom.

So who knows they whys, I was just trying to tell the OP to install a rom and it would fix his issues. Remember, official 2.2 is NOT rootable yet (as far as I know).