nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
For about a week now showing no bars in heart of NYC no matter where I am.

Verizon

On new ota update

I'm able to make and receive calls. As far as I know haven't missed any calls but I may have.

Mobile data keeps dropping and is super slow.

Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336100958609.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336100958609.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 373

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
For about a week now showing no bars in heart of NYC no matter where I am.

Verizon

On new ota update

I'm able to make and receive calls. As far as I know haven't missed any calls but I may have.

Mobile data keeps dropping and is super slow.

Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Never seen that. Have you tried running in Safe mode to see if it still shows no bars? To do so, power off normally, then power up by pursuing and holding the power button and once the Motorola logo appears, release the power button and then press and hold both volume buttons together and keep holding until the phone vibrates one short and one long vibration. Then release the volume buttons. If you did it right, you'll see "Safe mode" on the bottom left corner of the screen.

You won't have access to user installed apps, but it will work normally otherwise. If the signal level bars appear, then you have a user installed app which is causing the issue. If it still malfunctions, your only last resort is a factory restore. If that doesn't work, then the phone is defective.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with speech to text translation. Please excuse any minor grammatical/punctuation/spelling errors.

Rio2012

Reaction score
A friend of mine and I are having the same issue. I just got the phone a couple of days ago and it worked fine the first day. I had issues all day yesterday of data coverage/no coverage all day. I called Verizon and she said that I should have really strong coverage being that I was smack in the middle of 5 cell towers and I was told that they could see the in and out of coverage throughout the day. She put in a ticket and I am awaiting a call from a Verizon Engineer to figure out what is happening.

Prior to having issues I installed the Juice Defender application to help with the battery issue. I took the liberty to uninstall the app today and I have had coverage all day except once. Not sure if the app could have been contributing loss of data connection or not but connection is better today.

I also find it interesting when my phone had no access today that the phone shows 4G on the front home screen then I go to apps and try and get into one and it states no internet access. Go back to the home screen and shows 4G. Yesterday when the issue was happening more frequently, I had zero 3G or 4G coverage.

I am no techie, any thoughts?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Rio2012 said:
A friend of mine and I are having the same issue. I just got the phone a couple of days ago and it worked fine the first day. I had issues all day yesterday of data coverage/no coverage all day. I called Verizon and she said that I should have really strong coverage being that I was smack in the middle of 5 cell towers and I was told that they could see the in and out of coverage throughout the day. She put in a ticket and I am awaiting a call from a Verizon Engineer to figure out what is happening.

Prior to having issues I installed the Juice Defender application to help with the battery issue. I took the liberty to uninstall the app today and I have had coverage all day except once. Not sure if the app could have been contributing loss of data connection or not but connection is better today.

I also find it interesting when my phone had no access today that the phone shows 4G on the front home screen then I go to apps and try and get into one and it states no internet access. Go back to the home screen and shows 4G. Yesterday when the issue was happening more frequently, I had zero 3G or 4G coverage.

I am no techie, any thoughts?

OK, I'll make this short and sweet. Juice defender can kill connectivity ie 3g and 4g. It all depends on how you set it up. I never got the feel for juice defender on the razr.... probably just me, but I had a hard time requiring service when i had it installed. The short answer to your query about juice defender, yes it could've been your culprit.

A suggestion if i may??? Have you tried smart actions??? The battery saver can work in much the same way as jd. You don't have to use location settings.

I have mine set to stop data sync when my screen times out, and i deletes the motion rule. If my screen us off, I may be on the move, the phone as well. So since I'm constantly moving, the data sync would possibly stay on... so i deleted it.

Also, if you have any sort of jd type app kill your data all together, it could make your battery life worse if your constantly waking up the phone, and it has to actively try to require a data connection.

I recommend setting up whichever jd/battery saver type app to do what ever it is that suits your needs the best.

Hope this helps???

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

So much for short and sweet lmao