No Service after installing Liberty v1.5

OP
E

EM74

Reaction score
sounds good....i hope....

"Android stock deodexed moto blur" <--- is that an app? Available where?

I'm finding various SBF links around these forums and others....Do you guys know the latest and greatest link??

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/98652-rom-droid2-global-stock-rom-deodex-busybox-root.html

That is the thread where he released it...The download link is dead though.

It is the Stock Moto ROM, Rooted and Deodexed.

Personally, since you don't have a factory backup anyway, SBF to factory might be easier/better (then before you do anything else, root and install Koush's bootloader and make a nandroid backup).

SBFing isn't that bad, it's just not for the faint of heart and is much more reliable (at least for me) from a Windows XP computer (there are driver issues on Windows 7 when you get to 99% completed...sometimes it works anyway and sometimes it doesn't...)

Info on the SBF can be found HERE But you will need to get RSD 4.9 (search google) and the most recent USB drivers (from moto's website)

OP
E

EM74

Reaction score
You guys are the Sh**!!!!!

I have most if not all of my services back....

I wiped/factory reset the D2G...
Then installed the Liberty ROM...
Then installed the D2G Romer...
Then installed the D2G Sensor....
Then Rebooted.....

And BAMM!! dancedroid My D2G is back in business!!!! I am now restoring my google account and contacts and all that good stuff.

Guys, THANK YOU MUCH for all the input as i could not have done it without you. Seriously, hell yeah for all your time and effort in helping out a droid noobie with some serious problems.

Now its time to focus on Team-Get-R-Done D2G Romer tool....Specifically the sleep/wake issue....which I'm sure buryboi is very close to fixing... :yr1:

See ya's on the Forums

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
If you used a version of Romer prior to 5, your ok, but if you used 5, and then flashed the sensors.zip, your phone is gonna puke when it sleeps...not a bad puke, just an annoying one.

Basically if you open the web browser, and tilt your phone to landscape and it automatically turns (without opening the keyboard) your gonna want to flash sensors again to turn them off.

Glad you got it going! There is one piece of bad news though...I just checked and neither Fission or the Stock D2G Rom (the one we cant find a good download link to) include all the /system/lib files for the D2G. Short of an SBF, you will not be able to revert to D2G Fission.

And regarding the senors, I wish I were closer...it feels like a moving target though...xPhoenix777 and 13th angel were on it last night (Here)!

xPhoenix777

Reaction score
We will be at it again tonight I think. After I take a power nap to make up for lack of sleep last night :)

Glad that you are closer to fixed. I would still recommend doing an SBF if you have any slight issues... so many ROM flashes can leave tidbits of junk that will lock it up or reboot it when you least expect it.

OP
E

EM74

Reaction score
Liberty 1.5 on Droid 2 Global

Bump...Bump...

If you are a Droid 2 Global user and have tried to get funky flashing the Liberty ROM, you are probably having troubles getting things working....Mine works almost perfectly....thanks again to buryboi an others for assisting...

You guys are the Sh**!!!!!

After 2 Days of "no service" I have all of my services back....this is what i did....

I wiped/factory reset the D2G...
Then installed the Liberty ROM...
Then installed the D2G Romer...
Then installed the D2G Sensor....
Then Rebooted.....

And BAMM!! dancedroid My D2G is back in business!!!! I am now restoring my google account and contacts and all that good stuff.
See ya's on the Forums