No Screen Timeout With Open Droid

JRemiah

Reaction score
I've been searching through the forums to try and find an app that will keep my screen on when I have my Droid open. Is there an app that will allow me to change the timeout depending on orientation at least?

I figure that if the onscreen keyboard is not displayed when the manual keyboard is slid out that there's someway to overide the screen timeout.

Anyone have any suggestions?

warrior21

Reaction score
I believe the name of the app is you are looking for is 'screebl'

OP
J

JRemiah

Reaction score
Thanks, that helps with the first part of it...anyone know if there's some way to keep my screen on if my keyboard is open?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that helps with the first part of it...anyone know if there's some way to keep my screen on if my keyboard is open?

ScreenModeWidget does not respond to the keyboard position, but it does have an override mode that keeps the screen on as long as you like. The widget has three positions:

() Sleeps as usual with lock screen

() Screen goes dark but turns on skipping the lock screen when power, volume, or camera button is pressed.

() Screen stays on, overriding the timeout.

I use Screebl in conjunction with the second choice above for most activities.

OP
J

JRemiah

Reaction score
Does Screeble allow the user to define a different keyboard based on the orientation? i.e. Shapewriter in Portrait and Swype in Landscape? I prefer ShapeWriter atm but it is takes up the whole screen in landscape.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does Screeble allow the user to define a different keyboard based on the orientation? i.e. Shapewriter in Portrait and Swype in Landscape? I prefer ShapeWriter atm but it is takes up the whole screen in landscape.

Nope. Sorry. Your question is a common one. I don't think there's an app that sets the input method according to the phone orientation.