No ringer!

Mace Windu

Reaction score
My phone won't ring!
Settings_sound_phone ringtone causes a force close. Have tried flashing, reboot, fix permissions.Not yet solved, any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened with mine and I did a data wipe, cleared cache. It started working after awhile. That was on ZombieStomped though.

Apex 2.0 Revolution

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
what do you mean by flash? try longpressing one of your songs in music player, then select use as ringtone..mayb it will help clear it up, maybe. when all fails though, sbf. of course, wiping data as suggested should do it..best of luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score
My phone won't ring!
Settings_sound_phone ringtone causes a force close. Have tried flashing, reboot, fix permissions.Not yet solved, any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX

You need to be more specific. Are you running stock froyo/gingerbread or are you running a custom rom? When you say flash are you trying to sbf back to stock or are you just doing a factory reset? Have you downloaded any ringtone apps from the market? If your running a rom have you tried to run a fix permissions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
Mace Windu

Mace Windu

Reaction score
Running liberty ASOP. fix permissions did not work. Want to exhaust all options before sbf. Appreciate the help. Trying the long press now.

Sent from my DROIDX