1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No repeating sound notifications? Excuse me?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR M' started by amkor, May 4, 2013.

1. amkor

amkor New Member

My old "STUPID" flip-phone was very good in notifying me when I missed a call, or a text-message. It would beep every minute or so.

This "SMART" phone is only notifying me once. If I missed this ONE ORIGINAL AUDIBLE notification, it won't be reminding me again. Motorola says I can't set my phone to repeatedly notifying me, but I can purchase an app... I find this unbelievable, after all this is a SMART phone, no? Maybe not as smart as it claims to be?

I refuse to spend money on such BASIC feature. Is there a FREE APP FOR A REPEATING SOUND NOTIFICATION?

...Thank.
  2. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

3. amkor

amkor New Member

Thanks, Zomno, I actually DL "GO SMS Pro" prior to reading your post, but this one, Missed Call Reminder is a LOT better, does the job, simple and clean, w/o all the playful bells and whistles that GSMSP was shoving down my throat (I deleted it 5 minutes after installing it and going thru all its settings).....

Still, it's really disappointing (and almost shocking) that such a basic feature is not offered as part of the basics by Android.... Especially when my old flip phone was doing it by default....
  4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Member

The notification light flashes. I mean why would you want to be bothered with a sound all the time?
  5. amkor

amkor New Member

...Because I elect so.... Do you keep your phone in front of your eyes, staring at it all day?... I keep my phone is in my pocket, or on the desk, away from me, or on the night stand next to my bed. When a friend or family member is texting me, they're expecting me to read and respond right away. I don't get text messages frequent enough to be bothering me.
  6. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Member

It will also .....vibrate :) . Mine is in my pocket most of the time. It vibrates, I look at it. I'm sure there are apps that will do what you want. Open the Play Store and do a search for "notifications" or things like that. Sorry to have grabbed your panties while they were in an wad already ;)
    All you needed to do is ask about repeating notification sounds without all the hyperbole.

Try "Ringtone Sound Effects" and see if that does what you want. They list "looping sounds".
  7. amkor

amkor New Member

You missed my earlier posts here (there aren't too many...). I did create this very thread, asking, and I did get some advice and I resolve it before you posted your first post here, it's called Missed Call Reminder which does the job...

I still think a "SMART" phone is supposed to have this feature as part of its operating system, this is basic (my older flip phone had that feature!), one doesn't have to search and D/L an app for that... Lucky I didn't have to PAY for it....
  8. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Member

Well, post about a fix when it happens so as not to cause controversy and to HELP OTHERS. Learn how to use the device before condemning it...
  9. amkor

amkor New Member

I'm not sure I understand you.... I posted a question, I was complaining about my phone sounding only once when I missed a call, or a text message. I was asking what app I should get to enable repeated audible notification, a feature I consider a very basic to anybody using a cell phone. Zomnomnombie was here to assist, offering a solution. I D/L the app he suggested, I found it useful, and I came back here thanking for his advice.

I think that concluded the discussion, I resolved the issue, though I made a comment that I'd expect a "smart" phone to offer a feature that was a default in all my old flip phones.

Then you showed up, 2 days later, asking why I would want to be bothered with this repeated audible notification.... Well, I do elect to have repeated audible notifications, this is why I came here in the first place. And I did resolve it thanks to another forum member.

Do we need to delve into this any further? Or am I missing something here?
Search tags for this page

android app repeat notification sound

android notification repeat

android recurring notification
android repeat notification sound

android repeat notifications

android repeating notification sound

android text message notification repeat

how to make android notifications repeat

htc repeat notification
notification repeat android

repeat notification android