No Recovery mode

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
Pulled the SD completely and booted and still flew by.
So wish there was a way to usb to the computer and reset.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
Haven't used adb and will download and give it a try. Again, can't tell you how much I appreciate your help! Will let you know how it goes.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't used adb and will download and give it a try. Again, can't tell you how much I appreciate your help! Will let you know how it goes.

Don't worry, you'll be paying this knowledge forward someday or telling your grandkids "I remember when we used to have to type on out computers to ROM our phones"

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
When I run adb.exe i get a dos window and fast scrolling screen and the the window disappears. How do I move this file to my phone? Sorry for the trouble!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
When I run adb.exe i get a dos window and fast scrolling screen and the the window disappears. How do I move this file to my phone? Sorry for the trouble!

Open a command prompt. the cd to the directory where you have adb. Then do "adb reboot recovery" You can refer to my guide http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...unlocking-rooting-roming-faq.html#post2083197 for slightly more coherent instructions.

P.S. I'm leaving work now, so if you absolutely need me before I get back on use my gtalk(sig)

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
I'll play with this and see how far I get. Thanks again.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
All went well and up and running. Was able to download and reboot fine with SD recognized. Copied old files back to SD and recovered everything. The only thing not working is WiFi and that I can worry about next week. Again, can't begin to say how thankful I am for the help and education. As a pastor and private consultant my phone is everything and I was lost today.
Be well.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
Open a command prompt. the cd to the directory where you have adb. Then do "adb reboot recovery" You can refer to my guide http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...unlocking-rooting-roming-faq.html#post2083197 for slightly more coherent instructions.

P.S. I'm leaving work now, so if you absolutely need me before I get back on use my gtalk(sig)

Let me ask you something else if I may;
Now that I am up and running (other than WiFi and VM notification) I have taken some time to read many more forums on the rezound. One of the problems I had and the reason I so wanted to flash the 4.5 was that my screen often does not come back on after a call and i have to battery pull to shut down. Most of what I am reading says this is a bad phone and not a software issue. Any thoughts? and, if it's a bad phone is there a way to reset so I can return this? I've had it since January.
Thanks again for all your input and help.

OP
D

dmar1224

Reaction score
I would tend to agree that if it happens throughout ROM's / version of Android then it's a phone problem. As long as you didn't flash the ICS leak, yes...just run the RUU on Scott's download page Stock Rooted ROM - Vigor - WWE 1.02.605.6 - Downloads - Scott's ROMS

I am going to get around to this tonight and tomorrow so that I can send this back. Other than unlooking, rooting, and loading Roms from Scott I've done nothing else with ICS leak. Do you know if this 'fix' will satisfy VZ or is there anything else that i need to do before sending this back. I've read through some other forums and nothing real concrete. Really hate to get charged for a new phone!
Thanks again.