"No reconditioned Droid 2s"

Squidward

Reaction score
I was just told by a verizon rep that any CLNR Droid 2 was a brand new phone direct from Motorola and that no CLNR Droid 2s are refurbs. I find this absolutely impossible to believe...I know that *some* are "new" phones, but some of them have to be reconditioned, no?

The reason I ask and the reason I'm angry is because I am doing an exchange on a Droid2 thats only three weeks old, well within the 30day return/exchange period. I said I thought it should be a new in box phone but they wouldn't hear it. I asked if I exchanged it for a DroidX, wouldn't I get a new phone in a new box? They said yes. I asked why this should be any different and...they stared blankly.

Anyway...any help would be much appreciated, I'm at the end of my rope with this company.

hyatari

Reaction score
Are u saying that u are trying to return your D2 within the 30 day trial for a DX? I'm sure there are some 2nd hand D2's out there yes, but I don't get what your point/question/problem is.

OP
S

Squidward

Reaction score
No, that was hypothetical. Sorry I didn't explain better...exchanging a Droid 2, within 30 days, for another Droid 2. Same model. The keys on the damn thing started peeling off.

hyatari

Reaction score
well in that case I would go back and find someone reasonable to deal with. Surely someone would replace it with a new D2 I would think. Try a different verizon store if you have different locations or call verizon service department.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was just told by a verizon rep that any CLNR Droid 2 was a brand new phone direct from Motorola and that no CLNR Droid 2s are refurbs. I find this absolutely impossible to believe...I know that *some* are "new" phones, but some of them have to be reconditioned, no?

The reason I ask and the reason I'm angry is because I am doing an exchange on a Droid2 thats only three weeks old, well within the 30day return/exchange period. I said I thought it should be a new in box phone but they wouldn't hear it. I asked if I exchanged it for a DroidX, wouldn't I get a new phone in a new box? They said yes. I asked why this should be any different and...they stared blankly.

Anyway...any help would be much appreciated, I'm at the end of my rope with this company.

If you're within 30 days, that's a DOA! That means you get a NEW D2 or can exchange it for a X...minus a $35 restocking fee..